It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
(male)

Hunter4545 HB User
Heading in the right direction?

Fortunately things have moved very quickly for me and feel very blessed. Had posted back on 9-8 of weird symptoms was able to find LLD but could not get in until end of January 2013. By the grace of god received a call one week later and was advised there was a cancellation if i could make it the next morning. Made several hour drive to LLD and learned all kinds of info on Lyme was never aware of. Had already had blood work done 10 days before for Igenex testing prior to going to LLD. My Igenex came back as follows. IGM Igenex Positive CDC negative band 31kda ++ 34kDa++ 41kDa++. IGG Igenex negative CDC negative band 18kDa+ 34kDa IND 39kDa IND 41kDa++ 58kDa+. also tested positive for strep, and staph in nasal passage however would have to retest strep in 2-4 months to determine if was transient or chronic. Have started Ceftin 500MG x 2 daily along with vit supplements D and Mag and was prescribed the b-12 shots although dont really notice much difference in energy levels. Also taking 2 spoonfuls of cocounut oil a day as well. Been on abx about 10 days now still use one dose of lauricidin a day but no major herxing feel a lot more tired and brain fog feels a lot thicker but no other major troubles than before Is there any tricks or tips for the brain fog cause it is starting to drive me crazy. I feel so thankful that i dont have any of the worse symptoms i could have but is so hard to make it through the day when you feel like your in a trance and exhausted all the time. I went to chiropractor today and did detox ionic foot bath and was told that there were parasites in it which i researched is not uncommon but i had done detoxes before as early as 2 weeks ago and they were never parasites before. I have learned so much in the last week about this but unfortunately see that it is going to be a long road ahead. With these bands being positive i am praying this is going in the right direction and i dont have something else in the back of my mind. So new to all of this just was wanting some feedback from anyone that has fought this battle and is more knowledgable like how often should i detox, how much probiotics should i take, how do you get rid of the parasites. BTW have gone to a gluten free wheat free sugar free dairy free fun free diet has made a little difference but i understand nothing changes overnight with this. Any help would be appreciated or if anyone thinks this could be some other virus any input would help. Once again the LLD feels it is a tick borne illness thought he was great and very diverse in his field but oh so many of us have seen so many doctors i feel it leaves room for doubt and this is not a black and white cut and dry sickness by any means just trying to soak this all in and learn as much as possible to head down the road to recovery and try to benefit from other peoples knowledge as best as possible.

The following user gives a hug of support to Hunter4545:
annalisa9397 (10-25-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter4545 For This Useful Post:
annalisa9397 (10-25-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2012, 06:10 AM   #2
(female)

annalisa9397 HB Userannalisa9397 HB Userannalisa9397 HB User
Re: Heading in the right direction?

It sounds like you are really knowledgable already.
Detoxing and supplements are so important. Have you ever dry brushed your skin before a detox bath? This opens up your pores. A good detox bath is 2 cups Epsom salt and a half bottle of hydro peroxide. Drink lemon water. Take probiotics. I take different ones, but a good OTC is vsl3. You can get it at Costco pharmacy.

It is a long road. I'm dealing w brain fog and dizziness right now and I'm miserable!
Hang in there!

Old 10-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
(male)

Hunter4545 HB User

Do the detox baths work well for you? Do you notice any difference with the brain fog and dizziness and how often should i do them a week, Also do you ever herx more after the baths. My LLD is not to convinced about the ionic foot baths. I have tried the regular bath with the epson salt and HP one but just for about 10 minutes as I have heard the you can herx from detox baths as well. Fog seems to be getting thicker day by day as well as lightheaded disconnected feeling. I think i have the major yeast problem to as when i started the Nyastatin about 4 days later the fog intensified but also was eating raw garlic, taking apple cider vinegar 3 times ,a day plus coconut oil which i see yeast die off is no walk in the park either or who knows whats dying off in there but I feel somethings happening.probably a bit too much to start off with at first with all the stuff combined but i quickly learned this is a marathon not a sprint. Sorry so many questions you seem to have rode this gauntlet for a while so figured i would ask Thanks for any input I feel your pain on the dizziness and brain fog though!! It is Horrible!!

Old 10-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
(female)

Hi,
I used to herx more from the baths than I do now. I was doing so well until a few weeks ago. Now I feel like I have taken a million steps backwards. I go to my llmd in a few weeks so will see what's going on. So in my past ten months here is what I notice:
Brainfog and dizziness worse around full moon. Detox baths make my heart beat really fast. I'm on nystatin as well, but don't know if that is causing anything. I'm currently on suprax and rifampin. I don't know if that's enough coverage right now.
If I were you I would keep detoxing all you can.
I can't tell if I'm in a three week herx or if I just getting worse??
Ive been in treatment ten months and don't know why I've had such a setback.
I did go back to work a month ago, so don't know if that's why I'm doing worse.
Are you working?
I

Old 10-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
(male)

Hunter4545 HB User

No i am currently on short term disability due do not being able to function i hope i am going do be able to go back in a few months but it scares me to see how long this road to recovery is. I have never heard of the full moon herx that is very interesting. I am only on one Abx right now the Ceftin 500 x 2 plus all the other stuff i backed of for a while this is my first run at this so really dont know what to expect from day to day. So your brain fog went away and came back ten months later or was always there or had subsided altogether for a while. What other Abx were you on before this round and did see difference on one over the other or just trial and error. So many questions and feels better to know other people that have gone through this battle. Its kinda hard to get alot of feedback from this board everyone is busy fighting there lyme war or just buzy i guess. I really appreciate you taking your time to answer my questions.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
(female)

So I was out of work from oct 2011-aug 2012. I was completely bed ridden from dec thru march. Then started getting a lot better. However, 3 weeks ago I started becoming very weak, brain foggy, and dizzy. I was on alinia for Babesia. They took me off of that to see if that would help. It hasn't. Since dec 2011 I have been on ten diff antibiotics. I was really doing great until a couple weeks ago. I don't know if working is too hard on my body, or if I am having a relapse. I'm not sure if that can happen when I've been on meds for so long.

The journey I have been on is literally day to day. I try to stay optimistic and positive every day. But right now I'm so discouraged because of the setback.

I am so sorry you are going thru this.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #7
(female)

So I was out of work from oct 2011-aug 2012. I was completely bed ridden from dec thru march. Then started getting a lot better. However, 3 weeks ago I started becoming very weak, brain foggy, and dizzy. I was on alinia for Babesia. They took me off of that to see if that would help. It hasn't. Since dec 2011 I have been on ten diff antibiotics. I was really doing great until a couple weeks ago. I don't know if working is too hard on my body, or if I am having a relapse. I'm not sure if that can happen when I've been on meds for so long.

The journey I have been on is literally day to day. I try to stay optimistic and positive every day. But right now I'm so discouraged because of the setback.

I am so sorry you are going thru this.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #8
(female)

To answer what antibiotics I've been on:
Doxycycline, ceftin, omnicef, rifampin, alinia, suprax, biaxin, clarithromycin, levaquin, tindamax. Usually two or three at a time.
I take so many supplements too.
I think you are on the right path w what you are doing.

There are so many websites out there that give some pretty good info. One is called two frogs healing center. At least I think that is what it is. Google it to be sure. His stuff seems to be useful. A lot of others out there too

Old 10-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #9
(female)

Hi hunter4545
How are you doing? Any progress?
Annalisa

Old 10-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #10
(male)

Hunter4545 HB User

Just saw the post ladt few days have been horrible dont think I have been detoxing enough thought was herxing thurs reaaaly bad cut back abx made no difference stopped Friday but.kept takung nyastatin and about an hour or so later feels like I am dying so I think number one I have very bad yeast problem and two not.dwtoxing enough if the toxins hate to stop abx but have to purge this poision out did a epson salt HP bath rhis morning Braun fog even worse getting activated charcoal today and Some pyslium for fiber to try to rid the toxins this is soo scary and frustrating and to think I am.just beginning only been on abx for 3 Weeks like I said I am sure I had major gi tract yeast problem before abx.cause all I read is die off from candida symptoms usually due down afafter a week or so ialready follow the diet to the t so hopefully more detoxing.will help couldnt even hardly get out of bed last couple of days this sucks!

Old 10-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #11
(female)

I am so sorry you are doing badly. It is horrible. I want you to know that I herxed for two months straight. Then I slowly would be able to get up for awhile. I never stopped taking all my antibiotics. I detox all the time. Even when I feel like I want to die. You gave me some insight about the candida yeast issue. I am on nystatin and I wonder if that is why I have been doing so bad. I was so bad the past few weeks but I'm starting to pull out of it. I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. I can only say to keep taking your antibiotics. Life does get better. I seriously wanted to die when I was in the worst of it.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
(female)

Merina HB User

I have had great improvement with brain fog and fatigue taking Eleuthero from Wise Woman Herbals. It is an extract of Siberian Ginseng. Recommended by my Lyme literate ND. Started with 1/4 tsp twice a day but have cut down to one dose in the morning only. Hope this is helpful. I feel much more able to deal with the other symptoms now that my energy is better and I can think clearly again. It took a few weeks before real improvement began.

The Following User Says Thank You to Merina For This Useful Post:
annalisa9397 (10-14-2012)
Old 10-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #13
(female)

Can you tell me where you ordered it from?
Annalisa

Old 10-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #14
(female)

How are you doing hunter 4545?
Annalisa

Closed Thread