It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 02:26 AM   #1
(male)

matrix456 HB User
Can this be Lyme?

Hello,
I've been dealing with some "strange" neuro symptoms the last few months, whic h include:

- Weak feeling on my left leg
- Numbess in legs and arms...mostly left side
- Arms get tired easily
- Mood changes (I'm taking anti-anxiety meds)
- Tingling

When they started I noticed a strange spot in my ankle. It doesn't look like the typical Lyme spot...but after some months it's still visible. About 2-3cm and the skin in that area it's different from the rest.

I haven't had any fever or flu-like symptoms. Is it possible to be Lyme? Can it cause the above symptoms?

Thank you

Old 09-30-2012, 04:34 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User
Re: Can this be Lyme?

You don't have to have a fever or flu-like symptoms to be diagnosed with Lyme Disease. The symptoms you describe could be attributed to many different things, including lyme, but neurological symptoms of lyme - tremors, numbness, weakness, paralysis, etc. . . usually appear in the later stages of the disease. You could see an LLMD for a correct diagnosis or you could first start ruling out other possibilities. However, if you do have LD it's important to start treatment as soon as possible.

I hope you can figure this out and get the right treatment for your symptoms.

Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
(female)

annalisa9397 HB Userannalisa9397 HB Userannalisa9397 HB User

That is the way my lyme started. Very weird muscle weakness, tingling, and electrical shocks in my eyes. My symptoms literally started overnight and I quickly went downhill. It took six weeks for diagnosis. I would try to get into an llmd as soon as you can.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:45 AM   #4
(male)

matrix456 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalisa9397 View Post
That is the way my lyme started. Very weird muscle weakness, tingling, and electrical shocks in my eyes. My symptoms literally started overnight and I quickly went downhill. It took six weeks for diagnosis. I would try to get into an llmd as soon as you can.
I guess you're in medication now for Lyme, right? Can it be cured or you need to take meds continously?

Thanx

Old 09-30-2012, 06:57 AM   #5
(female)

I've been on antibiotics and supplements for ten months. I would say I am in healing. I'm not sure if you are ever cured. I see a lyme literate md. Regular drs can't help you. I saw so many drs that ran every test there was. All tests came back negative. I wouldn't waste my time seeing reg drs if I were you.
My symptoms were what you describe but they very quickly got worse - to the point I couldn't walk, Bell's palsy on rt side, memory loss , and the list goes on and on.
The tingling, muscle weakness, numbness, electrical shocks were horrible. I know what you are describing.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #6
(male)

matrix456 HB User

In my case they haven't got much worse. On top of that I'm dealing with anxiety which makes everything more complicated because it can cause all kinds of sensations, so for the moment I'm in limbo land...

Old 09-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #7
(female)

I'm sorry you are going thru this. The anxiety I had with it was unbearable. I had never had anxiety until I got sick. I have lyme, Babesia, and bartonella. You might want to look those coinfections up too. They go along w lyme. Bartonella causes the anxiety. I definitely don't want you to think I'm telling you what you have. I'm just basing it off of what I went through. Hopefully yours won't get worse. I never understood what anxiety was until I developed it. It's awful. Hang in there and know I'm always here if you ever have any questions...

The following user gives a hug of support to annalisa9397:
matrix456 (09-30-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to annalisa9397 For This Useful Post:
matrix456 (09-30-2012)
Old 01-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
(female)

LyMeCaT HB UserLyMeCaT HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix456 View Post
In my case they haven't got much worse. On top of that I'm dealing with anxiety which makes everything more complicated because it can cause all kinds of sensations, so for the moment I'm in limbo land...
I would seriously consider getting evaluated for Lyme, my symptoms were very similar to your initial symptoms, I too was convinced it was MS.

I saw your posts on the MS Board and your symptoms do not scream MS to me. I looked into MS for many months when I thought that I had it, but my symptoms just didn't quite fit. I then stumbled across Lyme and then everything made perfect sense.

It's important to explore every possibility when it comes to your health, but I would recommend anyone who is experiencing this many varying symptoms to be evaluated for Lyme and co-infections as soon possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to LyMeCaT For This Useful Post:
matrix456 (01-07-2013)
Closed Thread