It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
(female)

layla1956 HB User
Just diagnosed for lyme

I am new to this board and did post in the wrong section but I was just diagnosed clinically for lyme because the "smart" doctor of mine refused to give me antibiotics because my lyme test came back negative. I went to my orthopod and he promptly gave me the full 3 week treatment for it. I had a rash with a diameter of almost a foot on my lower back and swollen lymph glands in my groin. Pressure headaches, seeing shadows out of the corner of my eye and generally ill feeling. I do feel better but I am waiting for the ball to drop. I am so new with this and seems there is so much varying info out there I don't know where I stand. I would have gotten bit about 6 weeks ago now. So if anyone has any input it would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2012, 03:41 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User
Re: Just diagnosed for lyme

layla,

3 weeks treatment is not enough for lyme disease. You really need to be seeing an LLMD - lyme literate medical doctor. Read the sticky at the top of this board titled "lyme disease" for more information on this.

Wishing you the best,

Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
(female)

layla1956 HB User

Thank you Jen, I will look over that link. Much appreciated.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
(female)

ashweb HB User

Hi, Layla,

Seems we're on the same track. I was bitten Sept. 23 and saw bullseye Oct. 9, went straight to Vanderbilt walk-in clinic. Nurse pract prescribed 100 mg doxy twice daily while we wait on test results. Tolerating the doxy well so far with probiotics and food.

I should hear back from the tests today or Monday. I'll find out if they sent to Palo Alto Igenex. Hope so. I didn't know about it til after I came back from the appt.

I hear that I need a higher dose (double) and more time (like 6-8 weeks).

Let me know how you are doin.

Ashley

Old 10-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
(female)

layla1956 HB User

Hi Ashley,
I am feeling better and will finish my doxy of 3 weeks tomorrow. Not sure I feel normal though. The only doctor who would treat me said wait and see if I get sick again after I stop the doxy and then he will order more blood tests and whatever. My first test came back negative but my second one came back with two bands positive. Bands 18 and 41, tried to figure out exactly what that meant but to no avail really. I just hope I am one of the lucky ones and can get through this although to be honest I am rather scared. I already have multiple joint/tendon tears from before I got bit and I have to wonder if I have had lyme and just never tested positive for it.

Its funny because I will feel pretty good during the day but have spells of not feeling well at all. I am not sure if its anxiety, or pain or anticipation. But I do feel ALOT better than I was a few weeks ago. Do let me know how you are progressing too. Keep taking that probiotic. I think that is the only thing that held my guts together. Hugs

Old 10-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #6
(female)

layla1956 HB User
Wink Re: Just diagnosed for lyme

Hi Ashley,
I am feeling better and will finish my doxy of 3 weeks tomorrow. Not sure I feel normal though. The only doctor who would treat me said wait and see if I get sick again after I stop the doxy and then he will order more blood tests and whatever. My first test came back negative but my second one came back with two bands positive. Bands 18 and 41, tried to figure out exactly what that meant but to no avail really. I just hope I am one of the lucky ones and can get through this although to be honest I am rather scared. I already have multiple joint/tendon tears from before I got bit and I have to wonder if I have had lyme and just never tested positive for it.

Its funny because I will feel pretty good during the day but have spells of not feeling well at all. I am not sure if its anxiety, or pain or anticipation. But I do feel ALOT better than I was a few weeks ago. Do let me know how you are progressing too. Keep taking that probiotic. I think that is the only thing that held my guts together. Hugs

Closed Thread