It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
confused... Lyme or autoimmune of both?

I have been trying to figure out for years what my illness is. It started with a bad cold and cough and an upper respiratory infection. From there it went to a chronic fatigue type of thing, then stomach issues and feeling of just being sick and something felt very wrong. So many symptoms. To many to list now. But after all of that it went to a tingling on top of head and balance issues, had eye twitching for 6 months (now gone)and neck pain, some ear pain, digestive issues, some joint pain....etc. I have been tested for lyme disease many times. The only results I got so far was a positive 18 and 41 from Igenix and two IND bands. I think it was 83-91 and I don't remember the other one. I also got a positive band 23 from another company called bio-reference. I also have hashimotos. I have been hypothyroid well before all of this. I have gone to many many drs including natural ones. Presently I am at a new wellness center and this dr feels I don't have lyme. He feels it is autoimmune related. One of the tests I took came back high and he is going further with autoimmune disease testing. It is the drvvt which indicates lupus. I know that lyme can cause autoimmune diseases so how do I know if I have lyme and lupus or i only have lyme. Would lyme cause a high drvvt result. This dr treats lyme but is not considered an LLMD. He is sure I don't have lyme. I am not so sure. He said I could have had Lyme but I don;t have a current infection. This dr is suppose to be a very good dr. Does anybody have any opinions? Thanks laLa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
(female)

annalisa9397 HB Userannalisa9397 HB Userannalisa9397 HB User
Re: confused...Lyme or autoimmune of both?

I am definitely no expert regarding lyme, but have been going thru treatment for lyme for 11 months...so this is just my own info/experience.
My symptoms were very similar to yours - tingling, shocks, and fatigue were my first symptoms that started to affect my life. I progressively went downhill fast. Ended up in hospital and had every test known done to me. Everything came back negative. Doctors thought I was crazy...
Ended up going to an llmd and having bloodwork done thru igenex. Only then did I show up positive for lyme, Babesia, bartonella. Lyme tests in hospital were negative.
I would definitely recommend seeing an llmd. Mine seriously saved my life.
I've been in treatment for eleven months. I've had ups and downs. But am definitely healing.
I bet the dr you are seeing is great, but an llmd would help you the most to give you a proper diagnosis. I saw over twenty five drs between hospital and dr offices. One neurologist told me to go home and eat protein. Another one told me to see a counselor and reevaluate my life. One told me "women your age have nervous breakdowns." I could go on and on about my experiences!
When I finally got to my llmd he listened, knew I wasn't crazy, and we got a diagnosis.
Thank god for llmds!

Old 10-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
(female)

annalisa9397 HB Userannalisa9397 HB Userannalisa9397 HB User

I am definitely no expert regarding lyme, but have been going thru treatment for lyme for 11 months...so this is just my own info/experience.
My symptoms were very similar to yours - tingling, shocks, and fatigue were my first symptoms that started to affect my life. I progressively went downhill fast. Ended up in hospital and had every test known done to me. Everything came back negative. Doctors thought I was crazy...
Ended up going to an llmd and having bloodwork done thru igenex. Only then did I show up positive for lyme, Babesia, bartonella. Lyme tests in hospital were negative.
I would definitely recommend seeing an llmd. Mine seriously saved my life.
I've been in treatment for eleven months. I've had ups and downs. But am definitely healing.
I bet the dr you are seeing is great, but an llmd would help you the most to give you a proper diagnosis. I saw over twenty five drs between hospital and dr offices. One neurologist told me to go home and eat protein. Another one told me to see a counselor and reevaluate my life. One told me "women your age have nervous breakdowns." I could go on and on about my experiences!
When I finally got to my llmd he listened, knew I wasn't crazy, and we got a diagnosis.
Thank god for llmds!

Old 10-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User

The Dilute Russell's viper venom time actually is used for the detection of lupus anticoagulant, used in diagnostics for antiphospholipid syndrome and not lupus, despite the name. Other tests are then usually performed if this is suspected. It is not diagnosed on the basis of lab results alone, there must be symptoms present as well. Many people with lupus have APS but it is a stand alone syndrome. I hope that helps some.

Closed Thread