It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
(female)

layla1956 HB User
Flu shot with lyme

Does anyone know if you can get a flu shot while being treated for lyme or right after you end the antibiotics. I have read mixed messages when asking around.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
(female)

annalisa9397 HB Userannalisa9397 HB Userannalisa9397 HB User
Re: Flu shot with lyme

My llmd and naturopath both advised against getting a flu shot. My naturopath said do not get one again in my lifetime. I'm not sure of the complete reason behind that.
Also, I have read your other posts...please be very vigilant once you stop your antibiotics. I'm worried that you won't be treated long enough once your time is up with antibiotics.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
(female)

layla1956 HB User

Thank you, I am rather scared as to what will happen and my last dose is tonight. I don't have the resources for a LLD right now but do have a doctor who is willing to treat me if something should reoccur. I do however feel better that I found this board.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
(female)

Yes, keep reading the board so you can keep track of your symptoms.
This board really helps me because it is actual experiences and symptoms that people have. Hopefully they caught yours early enough and you won't have lasting symptoms.

The following user gives a hug of support to annalisa9397:
layla1956 (10-13-2012)
Old 10-16-2012, 06:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Layla, the flu shot is "not" good even for so called healhy people, my opinion. That being said, here is my experince.

When I had no clue what I had eons of years ago. My doc at that time told me that my immune system was weak. So I needed the flu shot. I got it, and was WORSE for months.

From where you are sitting read up what is in flu shot. There are heavy metals, and many toxins in them. They can cause alsheirmers on down the road and many other conditions. There are only 3 strains of flu that are supposedly covered. From what I hear there are new strains of flu all the time. So think of how many vaccines you would have to pump into your already sick body and brain.

My chiropractor years ago gave me a list of things in those shots.
The best thing to do is to take high levels of vitamin C, drink good water to clean out your body. Eat good. In other words, keep your immune system up.

But with anything,it is all up to each of us. I think this scare tactic every year is wrong to make u go spend money on big pharma. Just my opinion.

I have repeatedly seen others get the shot and still get sick within a few days.

Jodie

Old 10-16-2012, 06:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Something that Annalisa said about keeping track of symptoms.
My doc had me get a calender/daily planner to write my symptoms down "every" day. It helped him and me, keep track of what I was doing.
You can also find patterns of your symptoms happening too. It's amazing figuring out that the full moon can bring on certain symptoms. Women's periods ect...

Jodie

Old 10-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #7
(female)

I have been keeping track of my symptoms every day since oct 2011. I knew the day I started with strange electrical shocks that something was wrong. I am so glad I started this journal. It really is good to go back and refer to. I list all my symptoms for that day. I also put down whether or not I have started new meds so I can track any type of herxing. I keep it as a word sox on my computer. At the end of each day I write two or three lines. This has also helped me realize how far I have come in a year!

Closed Thread