It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
(female)

ekm79 HB User
hypothetical question about EM

Just curious... can't seem to find an answer so I thought I'd post here

If one were already infected with Lyme and got bitten a second time by a tick which transmitted the spirochete, would they get EM? I would think not, since the bacteria have already affected their system, but I don't know. Any thoughts or knowledge?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2012, 06:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: hypothetical question about EM

I had been bitten a few times, and looking back I was feeling poorly and was seeing doctors for depression. Years later, the last bite totally knocked me down.

My own opinion, beings there are different strains I think our bodies can react differently with each infection.

Jodie

The Following User Says Thank You to jojo For This Useful Post:
annalisa9397 (10-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
(female)

seniubr11 HB User

ekm-actually just the opposite is true, you are most likely to get the rash the 2nd time and all following infections. Kind of like people w/anaphalactic shock. The first time you take a certain medication you can get some reaction, the 2nd full blown shock, the rash would be considered the shock.

That's why so many people are in the position they are in now, including myself, no rash the first time, 2nd time I had the bulls eye. There are tons of people that had no rash the 1st time, developed chronic lyme, got better, and with every following infection have the rash and that's how they know how to treat.

I myself did not believe this, I said how could I have had lyme instead of fibro almost ten years but only got the rash this past year, and sure enough I pulled out an old wb test and it had been positive all along.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
(female)

seniubr11 HB User

It is possible I didn't see the rash the first time, although unlikely , but now also a year into treatment I get light red streaks in random places in my body, and now I think my rocky mountain spotten fever rash is showing up on my arm, not sure it might be. And now that I added Mepron more rashes are showing up.

Closed Thread