HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Lyme Disease (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/lyme-disease/)
-   -   Natural Treatment without diagnosis? Oil of Oregano? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/lyme-disease/927849-natural-treatment-without-diagnosis-oil-oregano.html)

thefarm 11-16-2012 03:00 PM

Natural Treatment without diagnosis? Oil of Oregano?

Im Sorry, This is my third post today... My last one I promise...

As I put in another post, I can't afford to see a LLMD to get the tests done. So what are other treatments we can try in the meantime?

My mom has me interested in trying Oil of Oregano. Suppose to help with pain (which is bad) and also kill off Lyme... Has anyone tried it? Did it help? Any other ideas of stuff to try?

annalisa9397 11-18-2012 07:25 AM

Re: Natural Treatment without diagnosis? Oil of Oregano?

Have you looked up the salt/c protocol? I hear people have great success with that. Also cats claw, yucca are good natural supps.

thefarm 11-18-2012 10:01 AM

I haven't... I'll have to look those up Thank You :)

Ceeweb 11-23-2012 10:05 PM

My daughter uses the Byrom White formulas, A-L Complex works pretty well for Lyme and I heard his other formulas work too.

jenj770 11-24-2012 03:02 AM

[QUOTE=thefarm;5090152]Im Sorry, This is my third post today... My last one I promise...

As I put in another post, I can't afford to see a LLMD to get the tests done. So what are other treatments we can try in the meantime?

My mom has me interested in trying Oil of Oregano. Suppose to help with pain (which is bad) and also kill off Lyme... Has anyone tried it? Did it help? Any other ideas of stuff to try?[/QUOTE]

Oil of Oregano is great but it will not kill the bacteria. You need to take it at the first sign of that fluey feeling lymies get. In another post you asked about Salt/C, which I think a superior alternative tx. It saved my life. If interested in this protocol I would also read the book: [I]The Salt/C Plus Protocol for Lyme Infection [/I]by M. Fett. It is a guidebook for everything lyme and has great detox suggestions as well.

Jen

Lizalu 11-24-2012 07:11 AM

I tried oil of oregano combined with cat's claw. I think OOO won't do much on it's own. I did feel some progress on it, but then switched to Byron White formulas, and now back on antibiotics. I think you need a diagnosis first and foremost and a doctor to prescribe treatment based on your symptoms.

Decreasing bacterial load can also be done through food such as lots of garlic, lemon water, FIR sauna's, epsom salt baths, enema's, etc. You could try a naturopath if you're not sure you want to go the antibiotics route.

For me, switching treatments has been the right route along the way. It's quite a journey.