It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
(female)

SarahEl HB User
Question Could this be Lyme's Disease?

For the last 2 months I have been feeling extremely fatigued. It started out as what I thought was the flu. I recovered from that but a few days later started with the fatigue and joint and muscle aches which have not gone away since. I am also experiencing hot flashes, an off and on sore throat, and occasional nausea with headaches.

My blood work came back normal, but I have not been tested for Lyme's. Do these symptoms sound anything like anyone else had experienced?

Last edited by SarahEl; 11-18-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
(female)

LyMeCaT HB UserLyMeCaT HB User
Re: Could this be Lyme's Disease?

Hi Sarah

Your symptoms could be related to Lyme, my illness started off with some of the symptoms you mention, although many other illness and diseases can also cause what you are experiencing.

The only thing I would say is that if you have had extensive testing already to rule out most things, then I would seriously consider being evaluated for Lyme as it can mimic so many other illnesses.

You would need to seek out an LLMD as unfortunately mainstream doctors know very little about Lyme, and the tests are extremely unreliable.

Lyme can often be a clinical diagnosis based on symptoms and history, and not on tests alone! It's a very complex illness to treat and only a doctor who is very experienced will be able to help you.

Maybe you could send your blood work off to Iginex which is a more reliable lab, whilst you seek out an LLMD.

Good Luck

The Following User Says Thank You to LyMeCaT For This Useful Post:
SarahEl (12-01-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
(female)

LyMeCaT HB UserLyMeCaT HB User

Hi Sarah

Your symptoms could be related to Lyme, my illness started off with some of the symptoms you mention, although many other illness and diseases can also cause what you are experiencing.

The only thing I would say is that if you have had extensive testing already to rule out most things, then I would seriously consider being evaluated for Lyme as it can mimic so many other illnesses.

You would need to seek out an LLMD as unfortunately mainstream doctors know very little about Lyme, and the tests are extremely unreliable.

Lyme can often be a clinical diagnosis based on symptoms and history, and not on tests alone! It's a very complex illness to treat and only a doctor who is very experienced will be able to help you.

Maybe you could send your blood work off to Iginex which is a more reliable lab, whilst you seek out an LLMD.

Good Luck

Old 12-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
(female)

SarahEl HB User

Thank you for your reply. I am getting quite frustrated at the moment. Last week I started experiencing numbness in my fingertips and my foot, mainly on the left side. Also a cold tingling feeling on my scalp on the left side. The first time I went to the Gp, I was told I was depressed and accused of being a hypochondriac. I'm scared to go back.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Sarah:
Your symptoms sounds like lyme. Do you have any reason to think you might have it other then your symptoms? I have tingling on the top of head everyday along with neck pain, eye twitching, sometimes running nose, and all kinds of other issues. I would get your blood checked with Igenix in Ca. LaLa

Closed Thread