It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Pain

Hi everyone,
I'm curious about pain...
My real problems started January 1999. At first I became exhausted. Not long after Derealization hit (a dissociative disorder that make me feel drugged 24/7). Somewhere in there my body started feeling heavy, sore, tired. But not really pain. Of course I have always had a high pain tolerance & never good at listening to my body. Even now I still ignore as much as I can & not really intentional.
But, in 2009 my body pain started. At first it was my old back injury becoming very painful. Then my neck pain which goes through my shoulders, upper back & back of skull. That is the worst of all my pain. Always there & always painful, often unbearable.
But, at first I had traveling pain. Then as time went by, pain got worst & just seemed to spread. Now I always hurt. My bones hurt, joints hurt, muscles hurt, everything. It's hard to explain but I get aching, burning, throbbing, shooting, & just pain.
I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia so figure that's why. But I'm curious if Lyme causes pain like this? Maybe the two combined makes it worst?
I take Tramadol, IB Profren & a muscle relaxer for pain. Recently went off Savella. I try not to take meds unless I have too. Avoided pain meds unless I ha no choice. I don't want stronger more addictive meds so think about getting a medical card for a more "natural" med. I guess I've been putting it off waiting to find more answers first.
Anyhow, I guess I'm just trying to figure out if my pain is from fibro, Lyme or both?
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
(female)

annalisa9397 HB Userannalisa9397 HB Userannalisa9397 HB User
Re: Pain

Your back and neck pain sound just like mine was. I have no idea if fibro causes that kind of pain. I have lyme, bartonella and Babesia and my pain that I used to have sounds like what you have.

The Following User Says Thank You to annalisa9397 For This Useful Post:
thefarm (11-20-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Thank You
I read somewhere that Fibro has more traveling pains & pain that stays is something else... I kinda wonder if its both?
Did Lyme treatment get rid of the pain? That would be wonderful! Even if it just wasn't as bad would be great! I came to terms a long time ago to accept it all.. That it'll always have this. But the idea of it getting better rather than worse would be great!
What have you done for treatment? What worked? It sounds like natural treatments are better than antibiotics?
If I test positive I think I'll try the Salt/C but right now I have been taking Oil of Oregano. It helps pain alittle, but not enough to make enough of a difference & doesn't last long...
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 11-21-2012, 02:06 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

If you want to try alternative this is a product that I find works very well for pain. It is a natural anti-inflammatory. Since lyme causes inflammation this is a good fit. You can research, if interested:

Terry Naturally Extra Strength Curcumin

I take 2 together instead of the suggested 1 tablet.

Jen

Old 11-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #5
(female)

First, remember that lyme tests don't always come back positive. So don't base your treatment on your results...
My pain is gone. I've been on abx and supplements for a year. My pain is gone. One year ago I couldn't walk without help. Today I can.
My symptoms that flare up now are muscle weakness (like I'm walking on jello), but this is not too bad. I also still have some short term memory issues. Occasionally I have neurological probs - head and eye pressure and facial numbness and tingling. But it is pretty much manageable and I can function almost normally.
Can you get to an llmd or naturopath ? Those drs are who I see and they have saved my life. I would do that if you can

Old 11-21-2012, 05:48 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Annalisa:
I might have asked you this before but I am asking again. You said that you have facial tingling. What about tingling on the top of your head and what about numbness on the corner of your lip or tingling on the corner of the lip? LaLa

Old 11-21-2012, 06:49 AM   #7
(male)

rzurch04 HB User

A little treat I found out to help with inflammatory problems is taking an 8 oz. Glass of unsweetened almond milk and mix it with a tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of turmeric! At first it tasted a little funky but the turmeric is a great anti-inflammatory and drinking 2 a day keeps me going!

Old 11-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzurch04 View Post
A little treat I found out to help with inflammatory problems is taking an 8 oz. Glass of unsweetened almond milk and mix it with a tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of turmeric! At first it tasted a little funky but the turmeric is a great anti-inflammatory and drinking 2 a day keeps me going!
The product I mentioned Terry naturally curcumin is actually Tumeric but you get it in a very concentrated dose.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #9
(female)

My entire area around my mouth would be numb and tingly as well as around my eyes. I would get electrical shocks in my eyes and my heart. I didn't have tingly stuff on top of my head. Just extreme pressure. It is resolved now that I've been in treatment for a year. Now I have some weird dizzy stuff - but it's not typical dizzy. It's hard to describe. But I am sooooo much better now!

Old 11-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank You everyone
I have tried turmeric years ago. I think it was for my allergy like symptoms (head pressure, sinus pressure).
I didn't know Lyme cause inflamation... I always feel like I have all this inflamation especially in my joints but the blood test that tests inflamation always comes back negative.
I don't get head tingling but every once in awhile I get a burning. Like a spot on my head is sunburned. Also get that in my ears.
Even the tests through a naturepath aren't reliable?
There is one just 10 mins away But it's goig to cost $400 to see him & get the basic Lyme test panel... Then there is another more extensive test for $200 more.
Does anyone know if you could get the basic Lyme test or the more extensive one?
I have a sleep study, GI Ultrasound, Abdominal Ultrasound & misc other medical bills to pay off first... Planning on using tax refund next yr to see the naturepath... Don't think I'll be able to come up with the $ sooner plus with 4 kids & Christmas coming up...
Concidering how sick I get I know I shouldn't put it off but don't know what else to do...
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 11-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #11
(male)

rzurch04 HB User

When I got my positive test it was called a Western Blot and they drew it in my doctors office then sent it from Pittsburgh to IGNEX in California. Now they can do a Western Blot in a lab like a quest diagnostics but due to how sensitive the test is you would have a better chance testing with ignex because its a more controlled lab that is run off of the very strict CDC guidelines. A few years ago the CDC was trying to shut the lab down because of how many positives they found, but the lab prevailed and they past their criteria. Now the Western Blot was the second test I had done. The first one was called an ELISA test which is just a basic test to check for abnormalities and bacterial infection in the body ( mine came back abnormal) but I wouldn't base everything off this test hence the more controlled Western Blot but its a start! Good luck!

Old 11-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #12
(male)

martin457 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefarm View Post
Thank You
I read somewhere that Fibro has more traveling pains & pain that stays is something else... I kinda wonder if its both?
Did Lyme treatment get rid of the pain? That would be wonderful! Even if it just wasn't as bad would be great! I came to terms a long time ago to accept it all.. That it'll always have this. But the idea of it getting better rather than worse would be great!
What have you done for treatment? What worked? It sounds like natural treatments are better than antibiotics?
If I test positive I think I'll try the Salt/C but right now I have been taking Oil of Oregano. It helps pain alittle, but not enough to make enough of a difference & doesn't last long...
i have lyme and ebv...i tried oil of oregano and was told by the maker that i should take a lot because of my condition...long story short it nearly burned a hole in my esophagus and ive had burning GI problems ever since...the oil is very strong just be careful...i will never take it again but maybe my GI system is weaker than others...

Old 11-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #13
(male)

martin457 HB User

reagarding tests i dont know what my test was called but my natropath sent my blood to igenix and it came back positive for lyme...she said mine was the first she had seen come back positive in her office....

Closed Thread