It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
(female)

dganz HB Userdganz HB User
Flu shot and lyme

I am a recovering lymie Treating the disease for past 2 years (had chronic lyme dating back to 1976 and reinfecting 2 yrs ago) and finally in the last 5 months have seen excellent recovery. The face twitching is gone, vertigo, dizzy spells, tremor and many other symptoms (too many to list). Not all symptoms are gone, but I am functioning so I am pleased. Now that I am not taking any more meds, supplements, I am wondering about the flu shot. I am so worried about putting something into my body after all I've been through. I never want to get any of those bad things back like dizzy, tremor, etc. Has anyone gotten the flu shot in my situation and did it make you sick or bring back any of the lyme issues. I know lyme is truly never gone from the system, but I don't want to aggravate it either. Thanks.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Flu shot and lyme

Hi ....I myself am not big on flu shots. I had one back in 1997, beings my doctor said, since I had fibro/chronic fatigue I needed one. HA! I threw me down for months...worse than I was. I have not had one since. And from reading what is in a flu shot I now know why it bothered me.

From where you are sitting you can find a lot of info about flu shots.

I take high doses of GOOD vitamin C and try to keep my immune system up. IF I get the flu, so be it.

All just my own opinion.

Jodie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
(female)

dganz HB Userdganz HB User

Thanks Jodie. I realize we can't control all germs, but taking some steps as you have helps us boost our immune system. I try to be cognizant of of hand washing, not touching your eyes or mouth after you have been in public, etc. Since really paying attention to these things, I've not had the flu in about 7 years. Hope it stays that way.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

I'm with you...there are so many other things we can do to prevent the flu. and from things I have read, it only covers 3 strains, and new strains come out all the time. Plus other bacterias and heavy metals are in them. (from what I read)
After falling severly ill after the one I got, nope never again!
When I was a kid, whenever I got immunazations I wound up getting sick from the shot...whooping cough shot, I got whooping cough, measle shot, I got measels...
So no vaccines for me thank you...

Eat good, wash hands, supplements...and we should be covered.
I am not one for trusting too many doctors anymore. Sad but true.

Take Care!!

Jodie

Old 12-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post

So no vaccines for me thank you...

Jodie

Me either!

Jen

Closed Thread