It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
(female)

maisy8s HB User
Question Anyone had swollen lymph nodes for years?

Hello. I was diagnosed with Lyme in 2004 and used to post here. Haven't posted in a long time, but I have a question I hope someone can help with.

I was treated with antibiotics for a couple of years and did well. My concern is that I've had swollen lymph nodes for years and was wondering if anyone else has. I have two in my groin (one on each side), one in my right elboe and also behind both knees. The groin nodes have been there for at least four years. The others at least two but not sure.

I asked my LLMD several years ago before I discovered the elbow and knees. He didn't seem concerned. Asked my family dr and he doesn't seem concerned either. Will see my LLMD again in a few days. Obviously will start meds again and hope for the best.

Anyone have a similar experience? Thanks!!

The following user gives a hug of support to maisy8s:
Blah49 (02-13-2013)
Old 01-23-2013, 06:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Anyone had swollen lymph nodes for years?

Some say that the huge lymph nodes are from Bartonella infection. Have you talked to your doctor about Bart?

Pre treatment, I had HUGE lymph nodes also. In groin and neck. I do believe they are holding in infectiion.

Went away with treatment.

Jodie

Last edited by jojo; 01-27-2013 at 06:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
(female)

HopeforLyme HB User

I continued to have swollen lymph nodes for a few months after treatment - in my neck and all the way down the back of my legs. My doctors didn't seem concerned either and eventually they went away!

Old 02-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

I dont have swollen nodes in those areas. I have lumps under my arms that are painful. No doctors seem too concerned.
LaLa

Old 02-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
(female)

Blah49 HB UserBlah49 HB User
Smile Re: Anyone had swollen lymph nodes for years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisy8s View Post
Hello. I was diagnosed with Lyme in 2004 and used to post here. Haven't posted in a long time, but I have a question I hope someone can help with.

I was treated with antibiotics for a couple of years and did well. My concern is that I've had swollen lymph nodes for years and was wondering if anyone else has. I have two in my groin (one on each side), one in my right elboe and also behind both knees. The groin nodes have been there for at least four years. The others at least two but not sure.

I asked my LLMD several years ago before I discovered the elbow and knees. He didn't seem concerned. Asked my family dr and he doesn't seem concerned either. Will see my LLMD again in a few days. Obviously will start meds again and hope for the best.

Anyone have a similar experience? Thanks!!
yes, I have swollen nodes all the time too........just one more thing

Closed Thread