It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Migraines, Severe Pain, Fatigue, Ect. Treatment

In 1988 I was sick for a week, 104 temp. I was 8 & don't remember much. Slept mostly, couldn't walk, was carried. By the time I went to the hospital I was doing better.

I had headaches & stomach issues growing up.
In 1999 I became pregnant & that's when my health issues hit. First Fatigue then Derealization (like feeling drugged 24/7). Little dtuff like body heavy & tired feeling and other little things. I blaimed pregnancy, then postpartum, ect. I then spent years trying to figure out what was going on.

Btw, gained a bunch of weight then a few yrs later lost 55 pounds in 3 months! Water weight? Had another child but didn't seem to make it worst. Had a 3rd child in 09. After he was born everything got worst & had only continued.

Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, PTSD (because of derealization).

I deal with all over pain, worst in my neck & spreads. I've had headaches for so long, even just mild & pretty much daily. Didn't think anything of it. Also head pressure. But when things got worst in 09, vomiting started not long after. Even without a headache. Usually from over doing it & doesn't take much! Even just doing paperwork... Well it's gotten worst & worst to the point where I was recently sick pretty much daily for awhile. It's horrable. Had many stomach tests & no answers. Bein treated for migraines. So I'm on a daily migrain med, 3x daily. It does seem to help! There are times I would normally be sick but wasn't. Still dealing with headaches but manageable.

The migraine med may be causing me other issues though. Not long after I started I get all day stomache cramping, like thunder in my stomache & also diareaha. Sorry, tmi...

Unfortunetly I have over $1000 in medical to pay before I can see a Naturpath. There is a local one that can run the igenex (I believe it's called). There is one series of tests for $250 or a series that includes everything for $400. Plus he charges $150 to see him.

The Pain, Fatigue, & derealization are the worst. But I probably have over 100 other symptoms. It doesn't take much to over do it. I honestly hardly leave my couch. I do what I can to try to keep up with stuff, especially with 4 kids & 1 is only 3. But it's tough. I take 100mg Tramadol & Naproxen 2x daily. But doesn't seem to do much of anything, taken the edge off so more bearable. I also take Savella 2x daily, Muscle relaxer 1-2x daily, Armour Thyroid, a Migraine Med 3x daily then a birth control.

I know I have hormone issues but no tests show it. I have swollen glands, especially in my face & neck, edema.
Pain is in my muscles, joints, bones & nerves. Mostly muscles & joints. My joints swell but drs act like its my imagination & blow it off like everything else.

I can go on & on over symptoms but everything just seems to pint to Lyme. I honestly think that's been my problem all these yrs.

I am thinkin about getting a more "natural" med when I have the $ to get the card... I don't know what else to do. My body is used to tramadol & will get used to stronger meds...

I'm interested in the Salt/C Protocol I keep seeing people recommend... Could someone send me info on how to do it? What kind of salt? How much of each & how often? I just don't get it...

If I do the Salt/C, will it effect the Lyme Test results when I finally get it done?
Hoping for a tax refund to get medical paid & to go get the Lyme test, ect. So it'll be about a month or two...

Basically I want to start Treatment but at the same time I don't have a diagnosis. If treatment makes my problems worst I know my husband won't understand & only add stress. He had a hard enough time being supportive. He doesn't get how bad it is. He acts like I'm exaggerating when I fact I hardly say anything. I will tell him I don't feel good, that's why I don't want to go do something. I never go into details & he thinks the pain is body aches... If I try to explain then he thinks I'm whining. I don't know how to get through to him so gave up a long time ago. The only thing he understands is the vomiting. He thinks that I'm fine as long as I'm not sick. But vomiting is just one of my many issues...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: thefarm
jenj770 (01-26-2013), jojo (01-27-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Migraines, Severe Pain, Fatigue, Ect. Treatment

Thefarm, MANY of us are/or have gone through this with spouses. It is very unfortunate, but it is a reality. My last husband went around telling everyone I was addicted to pain pills, and since I had to quit my job, and was over the edge from my illness. He divorced me. Such a crappy time for anyone to treat another human being like that. BUT life goes on, and we get threw it. (that's the short version )
At that time, my friends backed off, and so did my family. They all saw me physically looking okay. and wondered (like your husband) WHY can't the doctor fix me. Why each time I went to a different doctor they had a different diagnoises for me.
Such a crazy time of life.

My current husband took me in, beings I had no where to turn. And we have a good solid relationship. It did help that his sisters girls both had lyme. BUT he still didn't know what it was like to live with a person with Lyme. He has watched Under Our Skin. And it has helped him to see it is a long journey for us. You can watch it online through Netflix I believe. Or you can order it.
I hope and pray that your hubby will realize that you are trying your best to find answers. And for your OWN sake, keep finding those answers, it is YOUR health.
One thing chronic illness does, is makes those of us that go through it, not so judgemental of others. None of it is easy.

Hang in there!!!

Jodie

The Following User Says Thank You to jojo For This Useful Post:
thefarm (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Thank You Jodie,
Thanks great you have more support now Unfortunetly no one understand unless they go through it... But atleast it helps!

I got my husband to watch "Under Our Skin" this morning! He hasn't Said anything yet & I haven't asked. Sometimes I just don't want to know. He's been so negative & opionionated in the past... But atleast maybe he learned something...

Anyhow, I approciate the help & support! I have to concentraite on taxes but as soon as that's done I'm going to get started on the Salt/C. There is a naturepath 10 mind away tht will run the lab work. If its negative & he's no help then I will drive the 3 hrs or so to a LLMD... Or I may just self treat, not sure...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 02-01-2013, 06:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hope watching it, got his brain going.

Good Luck Tori!

Jodie

Old 02-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
(female)

HopeforLyme HB User

Some GREAT and gentle detoxing methods that I found helpful: Hydrogen Peroxide/Epsom salt baths, sweating (saunas or exercise), walking (to help get the lymph fluid moving), and putting lemon in my water and drinking lots of it. There were also a few natural herbs I took to detox my liver and kidneys. Hope that helps and good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to HopeforLyme For This Useful Post:
thefarm (02-08-2013)
Closed Thread