It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
(female)

ValTech HB User
Possible lyme... got CBC back very WORRIED!

I just got some labs back so I could bring them to my Dr. I am very concerned with the results. They are as follows:

WBC : 16,000 (4.50-10.00) EXTREMELY HIGH
RBC : 3.95 (4.20-5.70) Low
Neutrophils: 84.3% (55.0-72.0%) High
Lymphocytes: 9.3% (20.0-40.0%) EXTREMELY HIGH
Neutrophils 13.61 (2.48-7.92) High

My appt with my dr isnt until next week. I am especially concerned about the WBC and the LOW Lymphocytes<--that REALLY worries me!!! ...anyone have any insight? I'm very concerned..Any advice would be helpful..thankyou!!!

Last edited by ValTech; 02-21-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Re: Possible lyme..got CBC back very WORRIED!

Valtech:
These irregularities in your blood I think indicate some type of infection going on. Do you have Lyme disease? What are your symptoms? Have you been tested for Lyme?
LaLa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
(female)

ValTech HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala52 View Post
Valtech:
These irregularities in your blood I think indicate some type of infection going on. Do you have Lyme disease? What are your symptoms? Have you been tested for Lyme?
LaLa
I was diagnosed with MS but i dont respond to the MS meds. I am finally getting tested for lyme next week. They told me my count was so high due to a UTI which i have been getting alot of recently. But i have tons of problems. I just want to figure it out once and for all. MS made sense but I question it and even they are starting to question if its MS too.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

That's great that you are getting tested for lyme. Lots of people with lyme get diagnosed with MS first. The thing is that lyme does not always show up in the blood. You need to get your blood work done by a lab in california call Igenix. Call them, they will send you a kit. Keep us posted.
LaLa

Old 02-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Valtech, the borrelia bacteria (Lyme) can mimic over 300 conditions. M.S. and UTI's can be caused from Lyme. But there are also other bacterias such as the Chlamydia Pnumoniae bacteria that can do this also. And others.

Going to regular gp's and other doctors you will have a hard time getting diagnoised and treated. When it comes to Lyme and co-infections such as babesia, bartonella, ect...You need to see a doctor that specializes in these. So you would need to search out a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor, (LLMD). Most do not take insurance because this is such a political disease. So you will need to pay out of pocket.

From where you are sitting, you can look by city, county, state, for a Lyme Support Group in your area. Possibly contacting them they will be able to share a LLMD name with you. There aren't a lot out there, so you may have to travel.

Like Lala suggested you can contact Igenex Lab, request a test kit, have your doctor sign the lab off. You can talk to Igenex after you get your test kit and ask what would be advisable for you to be tested for. Most insurances don't pay for testing. But you can try to send it in to be reimbursed.

I was also told M.S. and had many UTI's amoung other conditioins. All depends on what doctor you go to and what they decided to label you with. It's a tough journey for us.

Wishing you a quick recovery from what it is that ailes you.

Jodie

Old 02-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Your blood count results indicate a bacterial infection (not viral) or significant inflammatory condition. Better feedback could be given if your symtpoms and a little history were included. Do you have fever? Do you have current symptoms of a UTI? WBC in this range would be more consitent with kidney rather than bladder infection. Any reason to suspect Lyme, ie, hx of tick bite or bullseye rash? An infectious disease Dr. and perhaps rheumaologist might be helpful, as well as LLMD if Lyme is truly a possibility. Some inflammatory conditions like lupus can present this way, including the MS like and UTI like symptoms.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #7
(female)

ValTech HB User

Thanks for your help everyone! My dr gave me order to get tested for Lyme. I got some additional labs back yesterday and tested Positive for ANA and my RNP was High. Not sure exactly what this means althought i know it means autoimmune disease...anyone have any thoughts on which type though?? could ANA be postive with Lyme? I also have thyroid issues..multinodular goiter and thyroglossal cyst. getting thyroid nuclear scan in the morning...could that be part of this?

Old 02-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

It sounds like you are staring to get some good clues, and these labs would point in an autoimmune direction. This may be related to your thyroid if you have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroiditis) causing the goiter. Antithyroid antibodies need to be tested on blood for that. It may take awhile to get an exact diagnosis, but you are getting there with these clues to follow. I would ask for a copy of your labs so you know how high ANA and RNP antibody levels were, and keep these for future reference/consults.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
(female)

ValTech HB User

I am happy that im closer to figuring out what is wrong! Bc i was starting to feel crazy! I know that my RNP was 1.1 but my ANA just said Positive.

Last edited by ValTech; 02-28-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:22 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

The ANA test was just a screening, so it will undoubtedly be repeated with a titer to determine how highly positive it is. The RNP is barely positive, as under 1.0 is undetectable (neg). It would be best to have the lab run the titer on the serum they still have. I would ask Drs office if they can "add on" a titer and pattern while the lab still has your blood. They usually keep it one week for such purposes.

Closed Thread