It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Lyme & SSDI

I filed for SSDI 2 or 3 yrs ago, can't remember. I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, PTSD because I have Derealization & I have a severe degenerative disk.
Anyhow, I have a hearing to see a judge in April. I'm hoping they finally approve me but with Fibro it's hard to say if they'll ever approve me. If they denie me then I'll just have to keep trying. But really hope to just finally get it over with. I'm always in so much pain, fatigue overwhelming & even with meds for migraine headaches I pretty much always have atleast a mild headache & head pressure. Right now I'm on day 4 of a headache, it hurts but could be worst.

So, here's the thing. I'm hoping to see a local Naturepath & get all the Lyme & Co-Infection tests done. I really think Lyme is my problem. I don't deny Fibro though either. Lyme probably goes back about 24 yrs.

If I'm Diagnosed with Lyme I get the impression that I would definitely not be approved for SSDI. It seems that everyone thinks that if you have Lyme then you can take antibiotics & you're all better. Course that's far from the truth. But I'm guessing a Judge would assume the same thing.

Has anyone been approved for SSDI having Lyme?

As it is I'm in so much pain I'm tempted to go get a medical marjuana card instead. I can't afford the nature-path or the card & definitely not both... I take 200mg Tramadol, Naproxen & Savella but all it does is take the edge off. Pain can be so bad I'm so uncomfortable & miserable. As it is my neck pain is so bad I feel it in my jaw & my gums & teeth ache. I'm pretty much couch bond. I do what I have to but don't do much. I'm sick of living this way. Yes I need exercise but all it does is make my headache worst, pain worst & fatigue worst. Course my Rheumatologist argues & is no help. Grrr
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Lyme & SSDI

Hi Tori, I am on disability. When I was approved I was under 100 lbs, wrist braces, neck brace. I was told at that time I had Fibro/CFS. I was a nut case.
I had battled work comp for eons of years, beings everyone thought I had Fibro from my job. (which it was lyme).

I see a fibro doc in Sacramento, the thing is, Fibromyalgia is a term used for combination of symptoms. Nerve pain. My doc test for bacterias/viruses that can cause Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue.

I was very lucky getting on SSD after being ran through the mill with work comp. I walked into the Social Sercurity office, the lady looked at me. And said, bring me all of your doctors records, she took copies and put me right on it.

You have a atty?
It might help if you sit and write down from when you got sick up until now. And let the judge read it. Just a thought.

I wish you all the luck in the world, I see people get on disablity for less problems. crazy world.

I know that wasn't much help.
Will be sending good thoughts your way.

Jodie

The Following User Says Thank You to jojo For This Useful Post:
thefarm (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Re: Lyme & SSDI

Thank You Jodie

I look healthy. Actually I was 130 when I got pregnant last time. After he was born I couldn't quite recoupe. I still pushed myself, just was harder. But I gained about 30 pounds in no more than 3 months. Eat healthy, small portions, exercise & was even breast feeding. Just kept getting worst since. Now I'm overweight, haven't gained but don't lose, & I don't do much...
I was actually really sick in about 1988, high fever, couldn't walk, ect for a week & finally got better. Sick allot growing up. Then in 1999 I got pregnant with my first child. Fatigue hit hard then Derealization. Gained a ton of weight & kept it on a few yrs. ha another child which didn't change my weight. Then I lost 55 pounds in 3 months. Kept it off about 6 yrs till this last time... No idea why I struggle with my weight, never did until the real issues started...
But people look at me like I'm perfectly fine. I think some people think I'm exagerating when in reality I have a high pain tollerance & hide pain. I just don't like to how it. I've seen people do that so many times it looked like they did exaggerate. My husband for instance complains about every little ache, if he's tired ect. I just bite my tongue. Don't say anything unless I have to. But it's frustraiting because if I say something my husband acts like I'm just whining. But if he's being playful & hits me on the leg, it hurts & he needs to back off but doesn't. It's tough...
So I guess I feel like I'll go in front of a judge that won't take me serious. They don't see pain, how can they?
Sorry, really having a hard time dealing with it lately. Pain meds don't seem to touch it at all. I soak in a hot bath over an hour a day which helps but not enough. What do you do?
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Closed Thread