It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
(female)

Terra D HB User
Recomended treatment research

Hello,

I am from New Zealand and potentially got Lymes disease when I was in Europe in July 2011. I have been suffering from severe fatigue since November 2011. There are no reliable tests for Lymes disease in NZ, so my doctor has put me on 100 mg doxycycline just to see if it helps. Sadly even this low does has made me even sicker. As Lymes is not in NZ, my doctor knows very little about it.

Thanks,

Terra

Last edited by Administrator; 03-29-2013 at 01:34 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Terra D For This Useful Post:
shepo (06-01-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2013, 06:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Recomended treatment research

Hi, possibly your doctor could put in a few calls to the states and talk to some of the Lyme Literate Medical Doctors here, and get advised on how to treat you.

Low dose of antibitic can cause worse symptoms. You need higher doses and you need different types to kill off the 3 different stages of the bacteria.

You should also be tested for co infections and treated for them.

I hope you find the proper treatment soon!

Jodie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
(female)

dganz HB Userdganz HB User

Terra, my doc had me on 2,000 mg of abx per day (3 different kinds) plus about 50 supplments to combact the stomach flora. After being on them about a year, I started to feel like I was moving to recovering about 6 months later. I had nearly 50 symptoms from the lyme list. My LLMD was aggressive because she knows the longer you wait, the harder it is to treat.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

DiamondDogs HB User

Hi Terra D,

The CDC website may be helpful: http://www.cdc.gov/lyme/

I hope you find what you're looking for!

Last edited by Administrator; 03-29-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:41 AM   #5
(female)

shepo HB User

Hi, My name is Andrea and my daughter has only just been diagnosed with Lyme after having her blood sent to Igenex, we are also in New Zealand, Auckland and just thought I would say hi, to let you know we are here also, from what I understand there are a few others here in NZ, not sure if you have any contact with anyone else.
We are waiting to go to the Infectious disease doc at North Shore Hospital to see about treatment, I have just started Cassie on some detox stuff but not sure if this is helping as we have started slowly and will gear up over time. Let me know how you are doing.
Andrea

Last edited by Administrator; 06-01-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User

Terrad- I recommend that you Google "JOSEPH J. BURRASCANO JR., M.D. and Lyme guidelines" for an excellent document on not only treatment guidelines for doctors but it also describes the Lyme disease in great detail. I learned more about LD from this single document than I did in the months researching LD on the internet. I think the latest document is from 2008 as I have found different revisions of the document. If you read about the bio on Dr. Burrascano you will see that he is a very highly regarded LLMD doctor who arguably has done more for LD patients than anyone else that I know of.

Reply Reply

Tags
antibiotics, lyme disease