It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
(female)

cat031 HB User
Unhappy New to HB and I need some help

Hello all! I am new to HB and I am looking for some insight on what might be going on with me. I am sorry this is so long but I want to be thorough, I am really in need of some help because my DR is clueless as to whats going on with me and I am only getting worse in my symptoms.

It started out with me having some horrible problems with MSG this past year. Anything I ate that had MSG gave me terrible palpitations for hours. Eliminating that from my diet has since fixed that issue. Starting in early November, I started having horrible back pain and nausea as well as pain under my ribs. I got checked out for gallbladder disease, gallstones, and pregnancy. I visited the hospital numerous times, of which they prescribed me different meds like Omeprazole, Protonix, and Zoloft because they thought i had bad anxiety. I was also given muscle relaxants. I am allergic to the first two and I went into what I believe is seritonin syndrome from the zoloft. I had horrible fits, dizziness, migraines, syncope, etc and it went away as soon as I finished withdrawal from the meds. The only thing that remotely helped a little with the nausea was peppermint tea, and zofran. It came back as soon as I ran out of zofran and so back to the ER I went because I thought my stomach was being ripped out. Did an abdominal CT scan, with contrast, and everything looked ok so they diagnosed me with severe Gastritis. Changing my diet helped a lot, but between the 2 months this all happened I went from 155lbs down to 127 which I am still at currently. I wasnt able to eat barely anything for around the entire time. The night after the CT scan I had something scary happen, I was craving water intensely, so much that I went through about a gallon of water overnight, and peeing every couple hours. I couldnt sleep and always felt my pulse everywhere, this was due to my blood pressure. Since that episode, I am having severe hypoglycemic episodes after meals and trying to limit my carbs help a little but i am becoming intolerant to really anything. I was given fluids at the ER back in february for dehydration, and they found out that I am passing sugar in my urine. From there my DR was thinking maybe I had diabetes! So we do the tests for that, and everything comes out good. All of my blood tests have been good except for my Vitamin D3 which was low. I had parasthesia sometimes in my mouth and fingers and toes, but it went away for awhile but it is now creeping back. It only happens after meals or if I get very hungry. If I drink too much water or eat too many sweets I get a very salty taste in my mouth and my eyes dry up to where it feels like I have sandpaper in there. I have poor circulation in my legs, which improves if I exercise but only temporarily. Its really starting to bother me with all of these problems I am having. Lately I have begun getting leg cramps, pain in my left shoulder sometimes, a crawling sensation in my calves when I lie down, and my newest symptom is the feeling of water drips on the back of my legs and sometimes on my neck or back. This mostly occurs when I am walking or working. This is progrssively getting worse in the past couple of days and I am contemplating on calling the DR again but I dont know what else we can look for. My liver has checked out fine, pancreas looks good, good A1C at 5.1, my electrolytes are good, so I am at a loss of what else to look at. Im suspecting lyme disease because last year i did get lots of bug bites as i love the outdoors, and its one of the few things I havent looked into yet. other than that are there any muscular problems that could cause all of my symptoms? I forgot lately I also get weakness in my legs upon standing in the mornings.

I am beginning to suspect maybe some sort of another vitamin deficiency or an auto immune disease as well. I am just at such a loss right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: New to HB and I need some help

If you suspect Lyme Disease, it would be a good idea to get to a LLMD, Lyme Literate Medical Doctor. Since testing for lyme is not accurate, they go solely on symptoms.

There is a thread above "How to share LLD names."

No other doctor will be able to help you correctly, except a LLMD, IF it is Lyme.

Wishing you luck in finding your answers.

Jodie

Closed Thread

Tags
dizzy spells, muscle aches, pain, sensations