It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #1
(female)

moecasey HB User
Gums receding

Does anyone have any issues with their gums? My sons gums seem to be receding??? He is 20 and has never even had a cavity. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this... In the mean time I am going to get a toothpaste with peroxide and a strong mouthwash with peroxide too. Any other suggestions? Most of his other symptoms are subsiding. I am shocked at how quick a rate too. He has only been on the abx for 2 weeks.

Wishing everyone a great day today!

Old 06-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Gums receding

That is great he is feeling better so quickly! it is said though, to treat 3 to 4 months after ALL symptoms are gone. His immune system is putting things into remission. YAY!

I use to have the prettiest teeth and knew to floss and all of that. Beings I worked for a dentist. I got to the point where some of my teeth were loose, my gums bled, and the bone was receding really bad.

It took time, but now my teeth are strong again, and my gums are good and the bone loss stopped.

And I had no cavities until I got sick, a couple of my teeth cracked and had to have root canals. ugh!

But with all the antibiotics and illness my teeth aren't pretty white anymore.
But I'll take it!

Jodie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #3
(female)

moecasey HB User

Yes I know to stay on abx until all symptoms have disappeared and then at least 8 weeks after that I thought being that is the life cycle? I did some research just now on receding gums and I see its listed as one of the lyme symptoms Some say to use Tooth Soap and also others say Samento liquid (similar to Cats Claw but better). The spirochetes seems to be in the gums as well and also it can detox via the gums? Will keep battling and try to keep on top of these little buggers!!! Guess I will be running around trying to find these new things. Otherwise I know it can be ordered offline like everything else! Baking soda and salt are good to brush with too. I hope you are doing well.. how long have you been sick? My moms teeth got kind of grey with doxy but after a really good couple of cleanings from dentist they were fine.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Moe Casey, been battling the battle for over 30 years. Just didn't know what the battle was until 13 years ago. I was on different antibiotic protocols for 12. I still take tons of supplements.

Plus as you know there are the co-infections to keep at bay and viruses.

I have bad days and good days. NOT like it was pretreatment. But messed up my brain and some days its like I have m.s. symptoms.

So like I said, I will take the discolored teeth. over how I was.

Yep Lyme gets in every inch of us!

Jodie

Old 06-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
(female)

RebelRebel HB User

Hi moecasey,

That's wonderful that your son has never had a cavity...not many adults can say that! Has he been to a dentist recently about this? It sounds like he must have good oral hygiene habits. Gum recession can be caused by brushing and/or flossing too aggressively. It can also be caused by grinding or clenching at night. Has he had any problems like that? I wouldn't recommend using peroxide products because he may have sensitivity and peroxide can make that worse.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:00 AM   #6
(female)

moecasey HB User

JoJo - so sorry that you had to battle for sooooooooo many years. Glad thou that you are having good days!

RebelRebel - I had read that it is one of the symptoms of lyme. It gets in the gums and also you can detox thru the gums. So awful.

Called the doc yesterday thinking we were going to go have another blood test (more to appease the doc) and get more abx. Was told NO MORE ABX. He feels 3 weeks is enough. I literally cried. Was told to go to Infectious Disease doc. Like they know whats going on! So I am off to LLMD that I took my mom to so many years ago. The cost is insanely high and he doesnt take insurance. But what is the price of health? Really? Going this Thursday and his abx run out Fri. Just thrilled he is going to see us so soon.

Driving to work this morning in a very suburan area with malls and tons of traffic highways. Wouldn't you know dead deer right in the fast lane of a 3 lane highway with the cops standing over it. They are everywhere dropping their ticks along the way. They are more in our backyards now then in the woods.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:37 AM   #7
(female)

moecasey HB User

oh forgot to say.. didnt do the perioxide. I got him Tea Tree mouthwash and I ordered Samento liquid. Its a more pure form of Cats Claw. Will see how that goes.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:19 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Moecasey, I am so thrilled for you that you are able to get him to the LLMD this quickly!!! Fantastic!!

Great on getting the Tea Tree and Samento too. I use Tea Tree oil for many things. another thing you can try is Grapefruit seed extract. it is good at killing the biofilm. He can drink it too! Might even help, if you get some Himalayan Pink Salt, (pure salt) and make salt water for him to swish that around in his mouth. it is a great healer too

I wonder how many of the police officers will get lyme from picking that deer up. And as you know, the deer aren't the only critters spreading ticks. They attach on birds, rodents, pets, and lets not forget blood sucking insects that go host to host, we can get it thru blood transfusions, some say sharing utensils, some say sex,(beings it is in the syphilis family). But my doc brought to my attention, that "what ever" we have in our bodies, when we swap saliva, or other bodily fluids, we are passing on what ever it is we have.
Mothers to their babies...some say it is in our food supply, (cows). Some say, even when our pets lick us we can get Bartonella, or other diseases they have.
And beings humans travel more from country to country, state to state. And animals being transported. Birds migrating...there are more strains beings brought to us.

Sure is a mind opener when you step into the Lyme world. I have learned so much from my doc and from reading. Always great to have a doc that tells it like it is.

Thank you for your kind remark on me having better days. I think it is just wonderful that there are boards where people can talk about their health problems. it sure helps guide others, one of the hardest things for me to learn was. Most doctors are text book, they learn only so much. So a huge reason, we all have to try and be our own advocates.
There are those of us that lose our lives from this disease. IF I hadn't found the one doctor that started going on my symptoms, I would not be here either.
It is a hard fight, and it is wonderful that you know what to do for your son.

Have a blessed day!

Jodie

Old 06-25-2013, 07:44 AM   #9
(female)

moecasey HB User

I use the Himalayan Salt from trader joes to cook with! Will have him give that a try as well.

Yes I agree.. the healthboards are awesome. We get so much information from others and hopefully in turn help them! I learned a lot from folks on here and doing a ton of reseach. I was shocked to get appt quick. I actually called another LLMD and can get an appt this Fri. She is actually cheaper but I feel more comfortable goign to the same LLMD that I brought my mom to.

True not just the deer that carry those buggers around. The lyme comes from the white footed mouse. We need to eliminate them! I havent done much reading in the past years since my mom got better so Im not update of what has been going on with research. Scarey to think you can get from fleas and mosquitoes too????

Makes you want to sit in a bubble!

Have a great day today and takes for your replies!

Old 06-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yes the truth is finally coming out about all the ways you can get Borrelia and other infections. Which is good!

I also think about that wonderful bubble to sit it. But I am sure they would find a way to get in. HA!

Enjoy your day,
Hope the apt tomorrow goes well!!!!
I agree stick with the doc that you trust!

Jodie

Reply Reply