It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
(female)

Springshower HB User
Inpatient lyme treatment facilities?

My daughter is suffering immensely with terrifying central nervous system symptoms escalating in severity over past several days. Yesterday her ND advised to stop all medications for the next few days as there may be too many toxins building up in her system. Today her left arm became briefly paralyzed and is burning horribly as we'll as through her entire body. Paramedics were called for medical evaluation and she remains at home, without long weekend access to ND, terrified and in horrible pain. She has taken a low dose Ativan for temporary relief..... Does anyone know of an inpatient clinic that could safely monitor her early treatment?

Thank you

Deeply sad

Springshower

The following user gives a hug of support to Springshower:
jojo (07-02-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #2
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User
Re: URGENT re inpatient lyme treatment facilities?

Sorry to hear that your daughter has gotten worse. The only Lyme center that I know of is in Gilbert Arizona. I saw in your signature that you are in Canada so I doubt that this information helps you.

I hope she gets better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
(female)

Springshower HB User

Thanks Seeking Peace; it is helpful to learn of the facility as if need be, would take her there. Is it a Mayo Clinic?

It was an extremely difficult week for her (unimaginable really). She has been bedridden since; however, over the past three days is seeing some improvement. It would appear her medications were increased too fast and overwhelmed her system with toxins; it was a brutal lesson in the world of lyme medication when trusting in professionals to lead the way. The arm/hand pain and burning continues and the severity has resulted in the loss of functional use of her arm and hand. It's particularly painful during the night (many sleepless nights), we are trying to manage this with Curcumin, Quercitin and GABA. She is now being followed by a very knowledgeable practitioner who has recovered from Lyme disease. We needed a lot of support over the July long weekend and this out of province practitioner stepped up, making herself available to support me with providing urgent care to my dtr during a very frightening time. Looking forward to a better day (and night).

Springshower

Old 07-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User

I am so glad to hear that she is getting better and that you found someone to help you with your daughter. The clinic in Arizona is not the Mayo clinic. I found it on the internet when I was looking for information on LLMDs. I have no personal experience with it but it seems to have good reviews.

Please don't be discouraged if she has a relapse in a few weeks. The Lyme disease seems to have a 4 week cycle so she may go through the same thing again. Hopefully it won't be as severe since she is now under treatment. Unfortunately herxing is part of the process of healing. I will keep her in my prayers.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #5
(male)

Springshower, has your daughter been tested for vitamin B12 deficiency? My daughter who is 24 years old cannot absorb vitamin B12 and she needs to take injections. When her B12 is low, her right arm gets weak and she feels tingling and numbness. She also starts to experience cognitive problems and feels very tired. Do a search for "vitamin B12 and single limb paralyses" and see if her symptoms match. Another similar deficiency is vitamin D deficiency. You will find that one deficiency usually goes hand-in-hand with the other.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
(female)

joencourt28 HB User
Re: Inpatient lyme treatment facilities?

My fiance was diagnosed end of june and took 21 days of doxycycline. He started getting muscle pain, joint pain with knees and hips locking up, fingers and knees swelling up and could barely move and exhausted this was 2 wks after he finished the prescription. This time was worse than the first lapse he had when he was originally diagnosed. He was hospitalized for 3 days and saw a infectious disease doctor who is testing him for all tick born diseases and is waiting for some tests to come back. While he was there he was retested and was on the border still so it appeared the medication hadn't worked as well as it should have so they gave him rocephin. And advised he take another 28 days of doxycycline. He somewhat was feeling better and was released which was 4 days ago and started back on the doxycycline and just yesterday had a relapse and had to go see his Dr. He has had a rash the entire time which the hospital just attributed to lymes however his family Dr believes he has post lyme disease syndrome, is allergic to doxycycline so is now going to have him take amoxycillin 400mg 4x/day. He started it yesterday and is feeling a little better he said and is off for 2 wks now. Your daughters story sounded very similar, I was wondering how she was?

Reply Reply