It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
(female)

BuddhaGirl HB User
Diagnosed with MS in 2007, think its Lyme & Bartonella.

Hello! I found this forum in the hope that others had some similar experiences to share....so perhaps I could make sense of WHAT the heck has happened in the past 6 years.

I've never been convinced that I have multiple sclerosis...I had one major episode in 2007, then one "relapse" in 2010 which was treated with steroids (solumedrol if memory serves me correctly). Otherwise, I've felt very little as someone with MS would be expected to feel. I have a labour-intensive job (I'm a chef) which requires long hours and regular/ normal aches, pains, and fatigue...but I always thought I was being lazy or complaining too much and have avoided complaining about my Lyme-suspicious symptoms; sore knees and legs, widespread rashes on my neck, chest, back, stomach, and sometimes legs, difficulty concentrating or staying focused, swollen glands in neck, constant aches and pains, headaches, stiff and sore muscles, problems with balance and coordination, etc., etc.

I have never looked closely at Lyme/ Bartonella until the past year....I have persisting (comes and goes/ gets a bit better or worse but never goes away) rashes that look VERY similar to the photos I've seen in Lyme patients.

I had a blood test which was negative, but I've been told that its all BS and that blood testing is inconclusive.

I'd REALLY appreciate an opnion and possibly a friend to help me make some sense of whats been happening to my body...so many years have passed and I've always just felt like I was whiny and to toughen up and deal with living with discomfort.....but I don't think I can keep this up much longer, I'm just so tired and disappointed.

I have taken some pics of my skin but not sure where to post them for opinions? Please help.

The following user gives a hug of support to BuddhaGirl:
JG50 (07-16-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

JG50 HB User
Re: Diagnosed with MS in 2007, think its Lyme & Bartonella.

You're not alone and have come to the right place

Old 08-21-2013, 06:59 AM   #3
(female)

greywolve HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaGirl View Post
Hello! I found this forum in the hope that others had some similar experiences to share....so perhaps I could make sense of WHAT the heck has happened in the past 6 years.

I've never been convinced that I have multiple sclerosis...I had one major episode in 2007, then one "relapse" in 2010 which was treated with steroids (solumedrol if memory serves me correctly). Otherwise, I've felt very little as someone with MS would be expected to feel. I have a labour-intensive job (I'm a chef) which requires long hours and regular/ normal aches, pains, and fatigue...but I always thought I was being lazy or complaining too much and have avoided complaining about my Lyme-suspicious symptoms; sore knees and legs, widespread rashes on my neck, chest, back, stomach, and sometimes legs, difficulty concentrating or staying focused, swollen glands in neck, constant aches and pains, headaches, stiff and sore muscles, problems with balance and coordination, etc., etc.

I have never looked closely at Lyme/ Bartonella until the past year....I have persisting (comes and goes/ gets a bit better or worse but never goes away) rashes that look VERY similar to the photos I've seen in Lyme patients.

I had a blood test which was negative, but I've been told that its all BS and that blood testing is inconclusive.

I'd REALLY appreciate an opnion and possibly a friend to help me make some sense of whats been happening to my body...so many years have passed and I've always just felt like I was whiny and to toughen up and deal with living with discomfort.....but I don't think I can keep this up much longer, I'm just so tired and disappointed.

I have taken some pics of my skin but not sure where to post them for opinions? Please help.
Hi there,

If you live in Canada, our testing for lymes is not adequate. You need to go to a Natural Path Doctor do a consult tell them you suspect lymes and ask for a lymes testing that they will send to the USA testing department. The test will cost you $550 and 50 for blood workup. The consult will cost you a couple hundred too. I did this recently has I have been suffering for over 10 years with my regular gp's telling me it's not lymes and my test came back positive. My test in Canada that I took came back negative 5 years ago. The states is better testing than Canada's quidelines. Hope this helps.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
(female)

Nev Delmar HB User

My daughter was recently diagnosed with MS and after researching everything pointed to Lymes Disease so she saved up the money, and it is costly, and was recently tested. The results are in, but difficult to self-interpet. Many of the symptoms to talk about are very similar if not exactly the same as what she's been through. You are smart to keep searching for answers. I suggest a Natural Path Doctor. Your work as a chef and exposure to metals and chemicals could also be contributing factors. Think about getting your hair tested for heavy metal toxicity and there are good cheleting remedies out there to help rid your body of toxins. Good luck and hope this helps. The correlation between MS and other neurological disease processes appears to be very closely connected to Lymes which is treatable! Keep searching for answers and here's wish you much success along the way!

Reply Reply