It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2013, 06:58 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Ispot Lyme test by neuroscience

Hi all,
anyone been tested through them for Lyme?
If so was it comparable to Igenex?

Thank you,

Jodie

Old 09-06-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
(female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User
Re: Ispot Lyme test by neuroscience

Hi Jodie!

I actually had this test done last November. My holistic doc uses NeuroScience lab so she wanted to send blood to them as well. Mine came back "Negative". I always test positive through Igenex but my last test with Igenex (also last year) was negative. Does this mean I no longer have LD? I don't think so but I'd be jumping for joy if this was accurate. I need to get tested again at Igenex and will probably do so in a few months. I'm definitely much, much better but still have some joint and balance issues. I also notice on the report that I have many IGg bands that are reactive (positive) so I don't know how they come up with their calculations. It seems to me this would be "positive" according to Igenex but maybe not through CDC.

It says on my lab report from Neuroscience "this test is only for research and not for clinical diagnosis". It also says "ispot lyme has not been evaluated in patients who have received less than one month of lyme disease therapy." I never did abx and at the time of this test was not doing salt/C either.

If you decide to get tested please let me know your results.

Tess

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Tess...thank you for your response. One of my doctors patients sent him the info on neuroscience testing. Claiming it was better than the other lab. I know what I've got and so does he. But wanted to use me as a guinea pig. I'll only do it if the insurance I have covers it. We all know that IF we are displaying symptoms then we still have it.

My doctors office believes we "never" get rid of it. And the co-infections. I am living proof we don't.

Thank you for your input!

Jodie

Old 09-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #4
(female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User

Right, this was explained to me as research by NeuroScience and I was charged nothing. My doc just participated in the project with her lyme patients. I, too, believe that once we get to chronic, late-stage the infection is always with us. I'm just happy I'm doing better on some fronts but I always have to be careful and I'm back with my S/C maintenance dose. I have never stopped all my other supplements, and never will, as I think this is what keeps me functioning.

I still think Igenex is the premier lab.

Tess

Old 09-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tess, I am with you on keeping up doing the supplements. And I am always looking for new things to do. Do what ever it takes to stay above ground.

Thank you so much for all your input . I will pass this info on to my doc.

Take care!

Jodie

Reply Reply