It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphedema Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
(female)

louiseeee HB User
Lymph Nodes

I first noticed a painless lump on the left side of my neck 6 months ago. During this time I have lost over 11 kilos and the lump has grown. I have not been sick at all during this time. 2 weeks ago It started to become painful and I couldn't move my neck at all so I wen't to the Doctor. He felt the lump and said it was an enlarged Lymph Node, he prescribed me antibiotics and said it is due to an infection, I did mention to him that I have not been sick.. he didn't seem alarmed and sent me on my way. I've been on the antibiotics for a week now, the lymp node is the same size but is not painful anymore although my neck is still a bit stiff and I have noticed a small lymph node on the right side of my neck that was not there last week. Has anyone else been through the same thing? I do feel a bit scared about this but because the doctor was not alarmed I feel a bit dramatic.. Has anyone gotten a second oppinion from another doctor? What was the out come?

Reply Reply