It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphedema Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
(female)

EllyM HB User
Question Swollen Lymph Glands

Hi, I'm another newby to posts in general but am experiencing some worrying symptoms so thought it worth a share to see if anyone can relate.

I am 36, female. Over the last 6 months I have had increasing number of symptoms, from lethargy to trouble breathing. I have had pain in my upper left arm and other bones including lower leg, hip and spine.
I have the night sweats, waking up soaking wet, also have them any time of day but much worse at night. My face swole like a melon a few months ago for no apparent reason (I hope), this has gradually spread to my neck which constantly feels like someone has their hands around it squeezing. Over the last 3 weeks I have had swollen lymph glands in my neck, base of my lower jaw and especially under my arms. This initially was very tender and I was unable to wear my usual bras and my breasts seem to have changed shape too and my bras no longer fit the same. They haven't got bigger, but have got wider of that makes sense.
I have had no colds, viruses, common bugs that I know of. I have an 18 month old baby who has not become ill either so I am not contagious, but I am left with a dry mouth, swollen lympth nodes under my jaw and arms, groin twitching, numbness in my upper thighs, bone pain, terrible night sweats (don't know if I've had a fever), a tickly cough, feeling nauseous after food, and only fluids seem to relieve this particular symptom. I frequently find myself choking on fluids too. Most unlike me. I am bruising very easily and the bruises are taking much longer than usual to go and I have had a number of little blood blisters appear under my skin on my breast bone/cleavage area with some new ones appearing on my left arm too. I feel like I am carrying tennis balls under my arms, but there is no pain what so ever now and also no lumps or bumps to speak of. I'm just uncomfortable and as each weak passes now something new is appearing. I'm sure most of these are magnified by worry, but most of us I think KNOW when something isn't normal. Well....I'm feeling that things are very not normal.
I am hoping that someone may read this and be able to advise or guide me toward an answer. Obviously scared but trying NOT to get carried away with hysteria. What will be will be but still.....worried. Thank you to anyone in advance for help or replies. I guess if you've read this, you or someone you know is experiencing something similar. I truly hope we all find answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
(female)

catmandu1949 HB User
Re: Swollen Lymph Glands

oh my goodness. go to a doctor. quick.

Reply Reply

Tags
bone ache, bruising, leukaemia, lymph node, lymphoma