It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphedema Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
(female)

ClevelandEuc HB User
Does this sound like lymphedema?

About six weeks ago, I developed sudden painless swelling in my left ankle, all over the ankle. It also changed the way I walked because this swelling felt tight, like my ankle was stiff and not too bendable. Went to an orthopedic who x rayed and said it was not osteoarthritis. Then he did blood work to see if it could be autoimmune.... had CBC, Sed Rate, CRP, Lyme, Rheumatoid factor, FANA, Sjogrens testing.... all normal except CRP was 8.2 and normal was 0-8.2. Primary said that was normal. Orthopedic still wanted me to see a rheumatologist but I don't know why. In the meantime, the ankle swelling persisted and then Friday, I woke up left big toe and top of foot pain. I feel a crunching sensation when I walk. I got into a foot and ankle surgeon who never x rayed my foot and thought arthritis and gave me a steroid. I was not happy with that appointment. Although I asked the lame doctor why I had painless swelling in my ankle that is still there and is it connected to my toe and top of foot pain and he never answered that but said the ankle swelling could be from lymphedema.... I am not sure why he didn't realize my foot is now swollen too! Either way, he mentioned lymphedema.

So here I am with a doctor who wants me to see a rheumatologist (Primary didn't think I needed that with the normal bloodwork) and another mentioned lymphedema but that was all he did, while my primary I haven't seen yet because she's out of town but said she will look at me when she gets back.

Does this sound like lymphedema and can my foot and toe pain be related?

Last edited by ClevelandEuc; 07-02-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

DebR HB User
Red face Re: Does this sound like lymphedema?

The swelling around the ankle could be lymphedema. I have lymphedema and have that around both ankles. The big toe could be gout if your uric acid level is high (eating too much red meat. Foods high in purines too). I occasionally have pain on the top of one foot or the other and the swelling doesn't go away much anymore. I use compression hosiery and compression anklets. All, measured and special ordered at the lymphedema clinic. About the top of my feet, once in a while I get sharp shooting pains from the neuropathy in my legs.

Deb R

(Right knee in pain right now. Also, pain just above back of elbow on the left. I think it,s a swollen lymph node or fibrous tissue thickening there.)

Lipolymphedema (Double whammy)

Last edited by DebR; 09-21-2012 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Not relaxed icon needs removed

Reply Reply