It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphedema Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
(female)

cejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB User
Could do with a bit of positive!!!

2007. Left leg lymph after cancer treatment. Kept well under control with stocking and manual drainage. L mastectomy 2010...no lymph involvement but the leg is getting away whatever I do. Question. Has anyone actually managed to decrease leg size? I feel as though I am just wasting time and effort.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2013, 12:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Could do with a bit of positive!!!

The things you are doing is keeping it from being worse, so it is not a waste of time. It is unlikely to get better permanently though, so I would continue your efforts and elevate your leg any time you are lying down or sitting.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
(female)

Rayanne HB User

Yes, keep going. Elevation and manual lymphatic drainage has worked for me. Good luck

Old 06-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #4
(male)

dan75 HB User

Stockings are not meant to get a significant reduction in volume, they are meant to maintain the same size. If you want to get the leg smaller, you will need something more adjustable, like bandaging (the best, but most difficult to apply), or a bandage alternative like a CircAid or ReadyWrap.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

You might also consider the alternating pressure pneumatic devices they use post-op to prevent clots, at least at night. You could probably rent them for a month to see if that helps, then consider purchasing. The alternating pressure would squeeze the lymph fluid into the venous system and reduce the edema while the legs are not hanging down, like in sitting position. They could be used during day too in a recliner chair with legs elevated.

Reply Reply