It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2003, 09:50 AM   #1

Double_R HB User
where exactly are the groin lymph nodes located?

the reason I ask is that while at work the other night, every now and then i would get a dull sharp pain in my groin, almost in my testicular area. Well, me being the big hypochondriac that I am, went to bed that night and checked my testes for any lumps, and they were fine. however (this is wierd saying this but thsi is a health board), I was feeling around in that area for anything unusual, and deep down, where my leg joins my hip, feels like there is a ligament there, with a little cavernous area that is close to where the base of my penis connects to whatever it connects to. In this cavernous area below that ligament or tendon on the right side of my body I found two hard little bumps. I had to press pretty hard to find them, and of course - it worried me a little. Any ideas on what they could be? I mean, is that a location of lymph nodes? Thanks for any help. I would go to the doc but I will not have insurance thru my work until January and I don't want to be bogged down with a pre-existing condition.

RR

Last edited by Double_R; 11-23-2003 at 07:11 PM.

Old 01-09-2004, 03:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Re: where exactly are the groin lymph nodes located?

Im glad you asked that cos l was wondering myself! But l am female!, lve had episodes of really bad tiredness etc sweats etc and at presant have flu like symptoms and woke up to find a heck of lot approx 14 swellings in my neck hard swellings in dif sizes! They do NOT hurt!! l done a search and it kept bringing me to this topic! ALARM!!!! Ive always noticed maybe 2 for years near the back of ear area and just below. Now l have them all the way down that l can feel to my collar bone! Im trying to see if l have anymore (feel) but am unsure of where in the groin area and was gonna ask till l seen your post. Ive felt rotten for years now and 4 yr ago with some of these symptoms l was dxn with anxiety, thats over now but l still feel crap 75% of the time! l have not been to the doctors yet l have lost weight but was following a weight watchers plan for 4 moths early last year and thought l was looosing alot more than l deserved too! l wasnt terribly overweight to begin with just a stone and half or less you know what makes you comftable. Also lm getting a bit fed up of people telling me lve gone deathly pale! Sometimes when l feel fine too! At xmas l went shopping and l felt really ill whilst in a shop, my partnertold me he thought l was going to pass out he said my face went so plae and l had purpley colours under my eyes!! I know somethings up with me but this flu and all these lumps is not right! All l have is alot of sneezing like a really bad cold and abit cough bit high temp, headachy. Anyhow lol the reason l replied was cos l would like to know exactly WHERE in groin would a female find these lumps? Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2004, 04:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User
Re: where exactly are the groin lymph nodes located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niecsey
Im glad you asked that cos l was wondering myself! But l am female!, lve had episodes of really bad tiredness etc sweats etc and at presant have flu like symptoms and woke up to find a heck of lot approx 14 swellings in my neck hard swellings in dif sizes! They do NOT hurt!! l done a search and it kept bringing me to this topic! ALARM!!!! Ive always noticed maybe 2 for years near the back of ear area and just below. Now l have them all the way down that l can feel to my collar bone! Im trying to see if l have anymore (feel) but am unsure of where in the groin area and was gonna ask till l seen your post. Ive felt rotten for years now and 4 yr ago with some of these symptoms l was dxn with anxiety, thats over now but l still feel crap 75% of the time! l have not been to the doctors yet l have lost weight but was following a weight watchers plan for 4 moths early last year and thought l was looosing alot more than l deserved too! l wasnt terribly overweight to begin with just a stone and half or less you know what makes you comftable. Also lm getting a bit fed up of people telling me lve gone deathly pale! Sometimes when l feel fine too! At xmas l went shopping and l felt really ill whilst in a shop, my partnertold me he thought l was going to pass out he said my face went so plae and l had purpley colours under my eyes!! I know somethings up with me but this flu and all these lumps is not right! All l have is alot of sneezing like a really bad cold and abit cough bit high temp, headachy. Anyhow lol the reason l replied was cos l would like to know exactly WHERE in groin would a female find these lumps? Thank you
The groin is the area that is directly where the leg connects to the hip and forms somewhat of a crease. The more muscle or fat you have in the area the more you are able to visualize a crease. However, there are a lot of ligaments, blood vessels etc in the area too. Most of the time the lymph nodes follow the major artery that goes from the trunk and forks into each leg( visualize a stick figure drawing of a human. ) But and this is a large but, those little swollen or not so swollem lumps can also be muscle ligaments that have knotted up due to stress or exercise. Also the jucture of blood vessels that branch from the main artery can also have wide opening that look like lumps but are just the valves that prohibit back flow of blood. If you are underweight these lumps and bumps are more prominent but not necessarily indications of illness. If you have been ill, you need to see a doctor who is an expert in knowing what is what and how it should look. The depth of a lymphnode is deceptive because they can be layered side by side etc. If you have ever seen your unclothed body in a full length mirror you are aware that your body is not completely the same shape or size from side to side. That is true for the inner distribution of nodes, bumps and lumps. That is why you have to check your concerns with a doctor who has seen a lot of different cases.

Old 01-09-2004, 04:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: where axactly are the groin lymph nodes located?

Thank you xx no swellings there

Old 01-10-2004, 07:59 PM   #5

nj2nyc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by niecsey
Thank you xx no swellings there
So ... where, exactly are the groin lymph nodes located? 2 years ago, I had a swelling on my right groin - the crease where my right thigh meets my torso, but a bit more center and up. A doc told me it was a hernia, so I went off to surgery to fix it.

Post-surgery, the swelling remains. The next doc says fat - but it hurts (a lot) to do situps. So, they may have repaired an honest-to-god hernia, but what the heck is still going on? Swelling, distinct lump ...

I think several of us are asking where these things are. And what's the difference. I think we're all spooked.

Any help?

Old 01-25-2004, 12:22 PM   #6

Double_R HB User

niecsey, glad you have no swelling there, and good luck in finding out just what's goin' on with ya.

Marimac - thanks for the response. I am glad someone finally was cool enough to help try and shed some light on this. As of Feb1 Iwill have insurance, so I will get it checked out. They are close to the location where an inguinal hernia would be, but I dunno, every now and then I get discomfort in the vicinity. Seems sometimes they are more swollen than others...especially since I did a leg workout this week. Thanks again.

Old 01-25-2004, 01:20 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi thanx for the reply well after the flu swellings went..........but one stayed .SAME SIZE! I think l can feel tiny ones on the other side of my neck ;( In fact l can! I feel ok at min so lm not to concerened (OMG) LOL hope your all doing well take care xx

Last edited by niecsey; 01-25-2004 at 01:22 PM.

Closed Thread