It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2004, 01:20 PM   #1

always worried HB User
Question Underarm Tenderness Or Breast Tenderness???

Can one get very sore lymph nodes under the arm from shaving and razor burn???

I've been having alot of underarm tenderness and breast tenderness since I used a new shaver.

If not. Why am I having so much pain and tenderness in my axillary area??
I don't even know if its my lymph nodes or my axillary breast tissue.

Can anyone help

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2004, 03:59 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

gregv HB User
Re: Underarm Tenderness Or Breast Tenderness???

Quote:
Originally Posted by always worried

I've been having alot of underarm tenderness and breast tenderness since I used a new shaver.

Can anyone help

thanks
Hey there,

well i dont know much about having pain in breast tissue since i am a guy but maybe i can offer an opinion. Do you actually have swollen nodes in your armpit? Or just some general pain there? Because my guess would be that you may have a swollen node or two from your new razor. You may have cut yourself, or broken the skin in your armpit. Causing your body to react and heal it up. Maybe some bacteria got in there and your nodes became swollen to fight it off. This is what i would think is happening.

I have no idea why shaving would cause you to have tenderness in your breasts????? Maybe a woman can post a response about this. I would also advise going to see a doctor if this continues for a week or more.

Greg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2004, 04:33 PM   #3

always worried HB User

[QUOTE=gregv]Hey there,

well i dont know much about having pain in breast tissue since i am a guy but maybe i can offer an opinion. Do you actually have swollen nodes in your armpit? Or just some general pain there? Because my guess would be that you may have a swollen node or two from your new razor. You may have cut yourself, or broken the skin in your armpit. Causing your body to react and heal it up. Maybe some bacteria got in there and your nodes became swollen to fight it off. This is what i would think is happening.

I have no idea why shaving would cause you to have tenderness in your breasts????? Maybe a woman can post a response about this. I would also advise going to see a doctor if this continues for a week or more.

Thanks Greg for your reply

I can't find any swollen nodes but I feel very sore and tender under my arms and the outsides of my breasts . It hurts when I move and when I touch them.

Old 03-16-2004, 05:06 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

gregv HB User

[QUOTE=always worried]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregv
Hey there,

Thanks Greg for your reply

I can't find any swollen nodes but I feel very sore and tender under my arms and the outsides of my breasts . It hurts when I move and when I touch them.
Hey there again,

Well i cant seem to think of much to tell you. Have you been really tired and stressed lately? Maybe you are just run down. If not i am sorry but cant really tell you much from any experience. I think that a doc would be able to tell you alot more than i could. Go see one when you can if it doesnt go away in a few days. Let me know what happens if you want.

Greg

Old 03-16-2004, 06:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User

Quote:

Can anyone help

thanks
Knowing how an electric shaver works versus a disposable razor or blade, Could you have bruised yourself by applying too much pressure, or could it be a monthly coincidence. You know, water retention or caffiene etc that is coincidental to shaving. I really am guessing here because I just don't know. But, bruising from some reason sounds plausable.

Old 03-16-2004, 07:43 PM   #6

always worried HB User

thanks Greg and Marimac for your replies

I'm 33 weeks pregnant but this really doesn't feel pregnancy related.

Thanks for your help. I'll let you guys know how things go when I go for my OB appt. next week.

Old 03-16-2004, 08:45 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User

Quote:
thanks Greg and Marimac for your replies

I'm 33 weeks pregnant but this really doesn't feel pregnancy related.

Thanks for your help. I'll let you guys know how things go when I go for my OB appt. next week.
The pregnancy is probably the culprit. You are getting close to delivery time and your body is putting out all kinds of hormones and the skin and muscle are reacting to it.

Old 04-03-2004, 03:02 AM   #8

megagumby HB User
Red face Re: Underarm Tenderness Or Breast Tenderness???

Hi there,
I just joined this site after searching myself for 'sore underarm and breasts'. Im expereincing the exact same thing. I thought last night when I had a sore underarm it too was because of a new shaver, my friend suggested it might be an ingrown hair. I cant see any lumps or anything. Then just today I realised both my breasts are really sore too touch, so now Im confused. If you fibd out what the problem is , please let me know. Though I don't want to let mine get too bad so will have to go to the doctors. Do you have any other odd things.. I've had blocked ears past couple of days too...

I was beginning to worry I could be pregnant as I haven't had sore breasts since my last child. But I had my period a week ago.

PS: Ive just been thinking my neck feel swollen now that I think about it. I may have glandular fever! I better go to doctors sooner than later.

Last edited by megagumby; 04-03-2004 at 03:48 AM.

Closed Thread