It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2004, 08:36 PM   #1

LYMPH WORRIER HB User
Question Tender Lymph Nodes In Neck

I'M A 23 YEAR OLD FEMALE AND I'VE HAD TENDER SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES IN THE NECK AREA ON AND OFF FOR OVER TWO YEARS. I'VE SEARCHED AND SEARCHED ALL WEBSITES AND THEY ALL HAVE BAD NEWS. I'VE BEEN TO THE DOCTOR AND ALL HE HAS GIVEN ME IS ANTIBIOTICS. I TOOK A BLOOD TEST AND MY WHITE BLOOD COUNT WAS 18,000 WHEN A NORMAL RANGE IS 10,000. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT LATER THIS WEEK BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE I GET IN THERE. MY DOCTOR ALSO MENTIONED LYMPHOMA AND SAID THAT I NEED TO GET ANOTHER BLOOD TEST. I'M SCARED TO KNOW WHAT THIS IS BECAUSE I NEVER HAVE INFECTIONS. I FEEL FINE EXCEPT BEING TIRED. I NEVER GET COLDS AND RARELY GET INFECTIONS. DOES ANYONE HAVE ADVICE OR CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT THE POSSIBILITIES ARE???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2004, 09:26 PM   #2

momof4luvs2run HB User
Re: Tender Lymph Nodes In Neck

How big are your lymphnodes and are they getting bigger as time goes on, or are they staying the same size? Do you have any other symptoms such as night sweats, weight loss, or unexplained fevers? Theses are some other symptoms your doctor might ask you about. Please let us know how it goes, and good luck! There are a lot of other things that can cause enlarged nodes! Hope things turn out well for you!

momof4luvs2run

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2004, 08:41 AM   #3

wish HB User

The only real suggestion I have is to write down all of your questions and take it with you for your appt,. I wish I had.
Mine turned out being a cyst. Even with two drs. telling me it is my lymph node and one scarring me and my husband telling me lymphoma. They didn't do any tests at anytime, nobody. I was and still am very tired and my lump thing(cyst) was getting bigger and smaller and the dr knew that.. I did lose weight but was dieting, bruise easily however, no night sweats i stay cold alot. I do htink my iron is low which is common on dieting.
My point is it really could just be an infection, I rarely get infections, colds or anything either. Mine didn't even hurt, turn red, or got warm like the surgeon said. I just figure I was very lucky in that dept.
I wouldn't panic however, i would be prepared for all of my questions as when you get there you may forget to mention something very important.
good luck and let me know what happens,
wish

Old 09-30-2004, 06:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User

there are a host of things that can cause a gland to enlarge. the two tests they perform first, as in my case, is for Taxoplasmosis, and Cat Scratch Fever.
this test was performed on me to see if I had antibodies to it and I HAD had it sometime in my past and didn't even know it. It's flu like symtoms.
So being that I already had it in the past, that wasn't the cause of the enlargement.
I was also sent to a disease specialtist who didn't do any further testing to find out the cause other than an AIDS test. Which turned out to be negative.
I still don't have an answer.
sometimes bad teeth can cause enlargement in the neck area too.
the ebsteinbar virus is another thing.

Closed Thread