It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2005, 07:32 PM   #1
(male)

T209 HB User
Lumps under chin

Im 16 and I've noticed two small lumps under my chin. They are towards the middle and right in row with each other. I can move them around, they dont hurt. One of them is like a pea size and the other is just a tiny bit bigger. Any ideas what this could be? Thanks

Old 01-05-2005, 09:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User
Re: Lumps under chin

Quote:
Originally Posted by T209
Im 16 and I've noticed two small lumps under my chin. They are towards the middle and right in row with each other. I can move them around, they dont hurt. One of them is like a pea size and the other is just a tiny bit bigger. Any ideas what this could be? Thanks
Shotty nodes (multiple buckshot size) are likely viral in nature
Firm but rubbery nodes could be lymphoma. Soft nodes are most likely infection
Rock hard nodes are more likely from some other type of metastatic cancer not lymphoma
Being tender does not differentiate between normal and cancerous
Generally speaking, swollen lymph nodes are usually indicative of a viral infection and will resolve when the virus goes away.
The rule of Thumb is to give it 2 weeks or 14 days to go away on its own, then if does not, consult your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2005, 04:14 PM   #3

ysco HB User

Sounds like normal or reactive lymph nodes at worse, from your description (bearing in mind your age as well).

If you are still worried, it wouldn't hurt to see your GP for an examination.

Good luck

Old 01-11-2005, 01:49 PM   #4
(male)

sugaragus HB User

I had two in that location and was to have them biopsied. When I was laying on the table and the surgeon checked them out, he decided they were swollen saliva glands and that they were o.k. Maybe yours are saliva glands. GOOD LUCK

Old 01-19-2005, 06:32 PM   #5
(male)

wels663 HB User

as long their not matted together, that a good sign...I had one that was the size of my thumb under my chin a couple of months ago...I stop touching it, and it went down in size.

when i first got it, i've freaked out and went to the doctor, she told me that it's a reative node...and she told me that everyone has one and let me felt on hers. it's in the middle of your chin, a little smaller than a pea. then I came home and touch my girlfriends, and she had one...but mine was a little bigger.

Hey Sugaragus, when the doctor told u that your saliva glands were swollen..did u have any other symptoms?

Old 01-22-2005, 12:05 PM   #6
(male)

sugaragus HB User

Yes, alot of other symptoms. I've posted on a different site. Mainly Neuro symptoms. If you check out the MS site you can see my latest update. Still don't know what it is though GOOD LUCK

Old 01-24-2005, 11:34 PM   #7
(male)

Eric S HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by T209
Hey

I'm in the exact same situation as you, and wondering what they can be. From my research so far it seems that if they're rubbery (smooth) and you can move them around, they probably aren't cancer. If anyone has any other ideas please post

Old 03-02-2005, 10:41 AM   #8
(female)

laurelw915 HB User

Hey i'm 18 and i have had a bunch of them under my chin for a while. i'm going to the docs today. i have been going to the doctors since 15 years old with swollen nodes. i want to know why i have them and this time i'm gonna be very assertive with the doctor.

Old 03-09-2005, 04:58 PM   #9
(male)

T209 HB User

I went to the doctor and he felt them and said that there was nothing to worry about. They started to shrink a little so thats good but now im worrying about something else. I think my spleen may be enlarged. One side is bigger than the other but I can remember it being like this since atleast 2003. I also had an ear infection about a week ago and now it seems if Im getting sick again, deep cough and sore throat. Any Ideas?

Old 03-09-2005, 06:29 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User

It is still flu season in many areas of US and Europe. As long as there are a lot of cold viruses going around, even if you got vaccinated, you are getting exposed, and the vaccinations merely protect you from getting a deadly version of the flu and does not protect from every single virus. So, if you are around a lot of people, or go out to crowded markets or malls or schools, there is a lot of stuff to get exposed to. Some makes your glands react and some puts you into bed.

Old 11-01-2008, 04:48 PM   #11
(female)

cjmxunited HB User

I have that too, I noticed it about 5 days ago, I went to the doctor they said it was Cat Scratch Fever, And I looked up the symptoms and it wasn't even what I was supposed to go through to have Cat Scratch Fever, is it cancer. I'm afraid, I'm only fourteen years old...

Closed Thread