It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2003, 05:59 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

bella67 HB User
Post questions

I've been feeling sicker and sicker since my surgery to have 3 lymph nodes removed in my neck back in November. As I mentioned before they came back benign. I called my ENT and since I was due to visit her anyways I figured I'd ask her why do I continue to get sick?? Fevers, frequent infections, cervical lymph node swelling, dizziness, tightness in chest. She was very condescending and didn't really help. Said the surgery had nothing to do with me being Ill and I should goto my primary doc. Which is a joke because he's even worse than she is. Then she changed her tune when I mentioned the fevers, but still told me it's nothing to worry about. I'm just tired of being sick!!

Below is a question I posted in another board and has yet to have it answered. Maybe someone in here is more knowledgable??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know this is a question that few will probably know the answer to, but by any chance do you know what a high ESR would indicate???
It read like this:
ESR-westergren 22H Normal values :0-20

I had my blood tested back in August and my doctor said everything was normal. I then got a copy of the blood work and found this on there. From what I read this level was not normal, but not sure what it is. I looked it up and it has to do with the sedimentation of the blood. Indicating inflammation in the body. Sometimes referring to lupus, or rheumatoid arthritis. Also this was the results of my ANA/Rf

ANA: <1:40
Rf : <20.0

Any info would be appreciated!
bella

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2003, 02:35 PM   #2

snobunny HB User
Please go to another doctor. Your doctor should always take your concerns seriously and look into your problems.

Old 02-20-2003, 07:30 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bella67 HB User
Thanks for your reply snow. I actually have an appointment with a rheumatologist tomorrow. After I posted this message my ENT referred me to an internist who did more blood work and told me he suspects fibromyalgia. I'm not sure that's what I have but it would be nice to figure out what it is.

Take care,
Lisa

Old 02-20-2003, 08:09 PM   #4

snobunny HB User
Good luck Lisa.

Closed Thread