It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2003, 04:38 PM   #1

ches HB User
Question can you feel you lyph nodes in neck!!!!!

This is driving me crazy. I went to doctor for one thing.Little pain in stomach). But he was a new doctor and was feeling my neck and said I can feel your lymph nodes.
I do have a sorta thin neck I havent een sick. Just normal allerigies.
I guess what I'm asking is can anyone feel most there lymph nodes in neck. If so what size is normal.Or whats enlarged? He just said somethimes its normal. It doesnt hurt. Can any of you feel them. Please tell me. I am still awaiting normal blood work.

------------------
ches

Old 06-02-2003, 05:58 PM   #2

W_HAMILTON HB User
Yes, I'm sure just about anyone can feel their lymph nodes, even if they are not swollen. You just have to feel deep enough in certain areas. Heck I don't even know all the areas that the lymph nodes are in, but I know there are alot around your neck. If you doctor had found them and you hadn't, more than likely they aren't that swollen. As for normal size, I have heard they are usually about the size of a pea. If you have been sick, it's quite possible your lymph nodes had swollen a bit from the infection.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2003, 07:47 PM   #3

ches HB User
I really havent been sick. Just normal allergies. I could feel them when the doctor pointed them out. I just never paid attention. Maybe half an inch at most. I can feel them sown sides of neck. Its driving me crazy waiting to see if the blood work actually tells anything. thanks

------------------
ches

Old 06-04-2003, 04:51 AM   #4

jackie31 HB User
Yes you can feel lymph nodes in your neck --dont be worried. Lymph nodes do get bigger if you constantly play with them too! do forget that. Also since your in this board, lymphoma occors and usually causes one lymph to become bigger and inflammed, yet usually not painful. In your neck in almost always occurs in the supraclavicular nodes which are just on and above your collar bone. i hope this helps

Closed Thread