It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2004, 03:37 PM   #16
(male)

Tommy212 HB User
Re: Lump in neck below ear

i have a lump under my jaw, not sure what you mean by behind. but i have one right underneath it. i visited a doc and she said it was a lymph node. i might get a second opinion on this tho.

Last edited by Tommy212; 03-21-2004 at 03:38 PM.

Old 04-19-2004, 04:42 PM   #17

NathalieT HB User
Question Re: Lump in neck below ear/eosophagus problems

Hey,
I just logged on to see if anyone new anything about neck lumps, and I was amazed to read this message. I only just noticed the small lump in my neck just now, but for the past week I have been experiencing the exact same symptoms in my eosophagus - plus breathlessness, the feeling that my food is stuck at the top of my stomach etc etc. Please could you let me know what happened when you went to the gastroenterologist, and what you think was the problem - was the neck swelling linked to the digestive problems, or is this just one of those mad coincidences. Be great to hear from you, or anyone else about this. THANKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerdude
I really appreciate everyone given advice and input to everything you have described. In case you are curious here is and update of what has improved and what else has come along (may or may not be related).

The lump that was below me ear has gone away. I went to the doctor and he said that I more than likely had a minor infection and that the swelling of the node would go down by the end of the week. (this was about a month ago) Sure enough the swelling did go down, but it took a little more than a week for it to happen. Currentlty where that lump was and when moving my fingers around the gland it feels as if there is still something there, but not a lump, I can only describe it as something "stringy." Or kind of like a strand around the gland.

To the other thing related or maybe not....So far I have felt fine up until 3 weeks ago when I was sitting in a movie and I felt for a few seconds like I was about to pass out, my chest got real heavy and I couldn't breathe, then I would feel a "burning" sensation in the back of my neck and the top of my head. I would continue to have attacks like this for awhile and at times felt almost as if I was about to die and stop breathing and pass out on the floor right where I was. Along with that in the left upper-part of the abdomen I have this feeling of what I call "something there." I feel as if it is pushing up against my diaphram and causing me to have trouble taking a deep, full breath. For example today I went to eat and after eating I felt as if the food was still sitting in my esophagus at the bottom of my rib cage in the center of my chest and I had feeling of being full. I went to the doctor late last week and they took some blood (results came back ok) and referred me to a gastroenterologist which I have an appointment with in the next couple of weeks. Could any of this be related? Still investigating and also going to see another doctor who I was referred to by some friends of mine who I am real close with and they have a good relationship with him and say that he is very thourough. That's Dec 5th. We'll see what happens. Keep sharing your thoughts and I'll keep everyone in the loop with updates when they happen.

Regards

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2004, 06:23 PM   #18
(female)

sammysmomma HB User
Lightbulb Re: Lump in neck below ear

sorry you're so scared. I was, too, until I found out it was a blocked eustachian tube! Just needed a Zithromax 5 day pack, and voila! it was gone. Good Luck!

Old 04-20-2004, 07:45 PM   #19

ysco HB User

question to those diagnosed with lymphoma infecting their under-jaw nodes:

How large were the nodes (in cm)? were they mobile or fixed? were there ANY other symptoms?

Old 04-20-2004, 09:32 PM   #20

gal07 HB User

Well i have the same thing, so many people have this. A freind of mine also has this. Mine gets a little achey when i am run down or if i touch it too much. I've had mine looked at by 3 or more doctors, they say its a normal node, i am just able to feel it because i dont have much fat in that area. I've also had it for nine years. Just have a doc look at it to see if it is anything, its probably just a normal lymph node. Doctors poked and prodded at mine. I also get the same feeling in my tummy, like something is stuck sometimes, i've had so many tests, and nothing was found. The doctor gave me something for acid reflux which i take when i get it.

Gal07

Old 04-30-2004, 04:44 AM   #21

STIGMATA666 HB User

the lymph glands are around that area of the neck...but i doubt it is that because i imagine you would have a swelling the other side of your neck too.i have a small lump on the bone behind my ear..i have had it years & it increases & decreases in size...i am 99% sure mine is a gland.the lump you have on your neck could be a lipoma which is a non-cancerous tumour that has a fatty consistency..but may not be soft to touch.

Old 06-30-2006, 04:54 PM   #22
(female)

lakerlover114 HB User

hey,
i just recently found a lump infront of my right ear. there's no discoloring or anything, but it hurts when i push on it. and then today, i just found a similar lump that also hurts when i push on it below my right ear and jawbone, on the side of my neck. does anyone know what this might be? i'm really worried so please help!

Old 07-18-2006, 10:30 AM   #23
(male)

dennis g HB User

Well im glad to hear that im not alone either,the lump i have is between the lower part of my right ear and the center of the back of my neck.it sometimes is smaller and sometimes bigger,sometimes its about the size of a golf ball.it never hurts and when felt feels like full of fluid.i was at the ciropractor when they noticed it,smaller then.and after my adjustment i noticed it immediatly shrank. like drained or something,then awhile later it was back.it has been here since about 2002,not sure what it is but would like to hear from others.lack of insurance has always kept me from going to doc.

Last edited by dennis g; 07-18-2006 at 10:32 AM.

Old 07-18-2006, 10:45 AM   #24
(male)

dennis g HB User
Cool Re: Lump in neck below ear

I was wondering if anyone has an idea what this could be.a fewyears back i went to my ciropracter and he noticed a marble sized lump on my neck between the spine and my right ear.it floats around like its trapped between the layers of skin.does not hurt to touch feels like fluid.my ciropracter said it could be from a injury to my neck and it filled with fluid to protect a area.when i had my adjustment that day it went away like drained or something.since then it has been larger at times and sometimes smaller the largest being like a golf ball.any ideas or info would be great thanx Dennis G

Old 07-19-2006, 12:40 PM   #25
(female)

fidgety115 HB User

I think your chiro is right....The spine is a weird thing....u must have had an injury and your body was protecting the spine...I know someone with three lumps that move around from the back of her head to between the shoulders on the spine and her docter told her it was from an injury that she got in a car accident. She has had the lumps for 25 years.

Old 07-20-2006, 12:27 AM   #26
(male)

dennis g HB User
Smile Re: Lump in neck below ear

well i think your right,and him too.it doesnt cause me any problems,but i would like to get it taken care of,i will as soon as i have insurance.i was just worried about it .but if it was a problem i think i would have known in the past few years. thanks for your input.

Old 08-04-2006, 10:07 PM   #27
(female)

ttramell HB User

Hi I have a lump right wear I would take my pulse on the left side under jaw. I just noticed it a couple days ago. It hurts to touch my that just might be from me messing with it. I have also had nasty mucus stuck im my throat. Do you know what this could be?

Closed Thread