It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 05:06 PM   #1

keb20 HB User
Post lump in my neck- biopsy

I am twenty years old and have had a bump at the back of my neck for about three years now. it is painless and firm and doesnt really move. i have gone to the doctors numerous times and he has told me it is probably a swollen node. however, since it hasnt really changed in size i was still concerned so i went to the doctors again and he finally agreed to have it taken out and tested. i have not had any of the symptoms common for lymphoma but am still really freaked out. does anyone have any words of wisdom to ease my mind because i have to wait four days until the procedure. thanks in advance for the help

Old 09-07-2003, 07:51 PM   #2

mikenputter HB User
The lump on the back of my neck was a lipoma - a benign, fatty cyst. They are nothing to worry about. Lipomas are not related to lymphoma.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 08:35 AM   #3

keb20 HB User
that could be what it is but i still have concerns. my brother had cancer when he was my age so that really doesnt help any. he had testicular cancer and since im a girl i know im clear from that but i still worry that my chances are higher because it was in my family. also, could you have a cancerous lymphnode for three years and have it not be detected? has anyone had this porblem?

Old 09-09-2003, 03:26 PM   #4

frankles HB User
I have a lymph node in my neck, biopsy is tomorrow, did they do bloodwork on you? My white blood cell count was high, thats why they want biopsy.

Old 09-09-2003, 06:28 PM   #5

keb20 HB User
Question

I had a blood test done and a chest xray about 4 or 5 months ago and everything came back within normal range. I dont know if it could have changed within that time period but i will probably have them take another test just to be safe. Have you had any other symptoms to worry about?

Old 09-09-2003, 06:32 PM   #6

keb20 HB User
Question

I had a blood test done and a chest xray about 4 or 5 months ago and everything came back within normal range. I dont know if it could have changed within that time period but i will probably have them take another test just to be safe. Have you had any other symptoms to worry about?

Old 09-10-2003, 03:20 AM   #7

frankles HB User
Other symptoms, got a few, tired alot, high heart rate, weight gain and dry skin and hair loss. My Dr thinks I may have signs of Graves. I had Ultrasound to pick up nodes.

Old 09-10-2003, 04:49 AM   #8

keb20 HB User
the only suspicious symptom i am having is a prolonged cold. i have been congested and coughing for about a month. it could be because my fiance is sick too and we are sharing germs. but i still think this is a long time to have a cold. i hope that all goes well with you.

Closed Thread