It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2003, 08:30 AM   #1

Kandi76 HB User
Question LYMPH NODE THAT SWELLS UP & DOWN

I have posted here before about a problem with my lymph node on the right side of my neck. It has been swelling up since the first of July. I have been to the doctor about 5 times now since then. They have done a lot of blood work and everything looks normal according to the doctor. They are checking on my thyroid though and something called auto-immune disorder. I just had blood drawn yesterday for that so I am waiting for the results. My question is though my lymph node continues to swell up and then it goes down some (not like all the way down though) I have had some sinus problems...not really bad though. Has anyone ever had a lymph node swell up and then go down within minutes? Any advise or opinions would be a big help!! Thanks! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

Old 08-14-2003, 04:30 AM   #2

sbelk HB User
Hi Kandi76,

I have been having a similar problem for almost a year and a half now.

What happens to my lymphnode is when I eat certain things my gland swells up and then it goes back down but not all the way.

My gland develops tiny small stones in it and then they distract out from the ducts underneath my tongue. I know it sounds strange, but its true.

It's not often that it distracts stones, only at times, but my gland still goes up and down.

You need to see a doctor that specializes in the neck area.

I see you actually live near me...isn't it a small world running across someone on the net that I actually don't know. Since that is, you probably have a doctors office called "Eye Ears Nose & Throat" near you, if not, there is one in Charlotte, NC.

That is where I went, except I do go to the one in Matthews, NC.

I hope this helps.

Sherry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2003, 06:33 AM   #3

Kandi76 HB User
Sherry, thanks for the reply! I will make an appt with an ENT...I think Charlotte Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat is real close to me. It is really strange how it swells up and then down. I have other strange symptoms too though that my current doctor can't seem to figure out. My body temp stays low most of the time...96.5 to like 97.9 sometimes it gets above 97.9 but not by much. My tongue is splotchy like I have an infection or something..the left side if stomach hurts a little sometimes (not real bad though) I can't seem to figure out what is going on. I have been tested for a lot of stuff....they tested for infections, HIV and did a CBC along with some other stuff that I am not sure what their called. Everything came back normal other than it showed I had the Epstein Barr virus at one time but that it is not active. I have been totally confused as to what is causing these problems. I became sick with these symptoms after beening antibotics for 8 months because of mild acne that I wanted to get cleared up. I was assured by several doctors that I would be fine taking the drug for so long but after being on it about 4-5 months I started having all kinds of problems.

I will make an appt though with an ENT. Have you been to one yet about your swollen node?

Old 08-28-2003, 06:01 AM   #4

Kandi76 HB User
Has anyone had this happen to them???? My lymph node in my neck is still swollen...since beginning of July. It goes up and down...I can't figure out if it is draining because or sinus problems or something. I am worried about it. Does anyone have any more advise??

Old 08-28-2003, 12:18 PM   #5

Kandi76 HB User
Sherry...have you gone to the ent about your swollen node. If so did they say that it was something to be concerned about or anything??

Old 09-18-2003, 08:16 AM   #6

jle180 HB User
I have had this problem it started a year ago with post nasal drip, and gradually progressed to an enlarged tonsil and LN that comes and goes (never all the way) and occasionally the mucus comes out of the holes in my tonsil. So I've been blaming all my symptoms on this Post nasal drip problem I've had. Like you I've gone to the doctor and nothing they have tried is working so I, as well, am afraid it is something worse. I think I might contact a ENT Dr. But its good to know I am not alone.

Old 09-18-2003, 01:16 PM   #7

mamu710 HB User
Hi all,
I have had two types of swelling. The lymph nodes in my armpits swell. That's from clogged pores. Can also be from an infection or even a virus. When that happens they are very sore. I have had one in my groin are that swells. It makes my groin area sore. That seems to be when I have an infection or virus.
I have some swollen lymph nodes now that are swollen. Not sore. Since I have a Primary Immune Deficiency, my doctor wants me to have a cat scan. I was going to have one of the neck and chest because I've had a cronic dry cough for 2 months, but the insurance rejected it. They are checking for Lymphoma. My mom and dad both have it. They say it's not inheritaed. It's invironmental, but I lived in the same invironment as them for 20 years. Plus with the Immune thing I am more suceptable(can't spell).
Anyway, that's what I know.
Michele

Closed Thread