It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2003, 02:48 AM   #31

pulabear1 HB User
2 weeks ago i noticed a small lump in my left groin area, which i recognized as a swollen lymph node, though i was not (am not) sick. since i first detected it it has not only quadrupled in size but has also become exremely painful, causing me to limp and sometimes prohibiting walking altogether. im going to the doctor tomorrow, but am terrified of what he will say, as about 2 years ago i had to have lumps removed from both breasts. they were (thank God!) benign, but what if this one is not? im only 20 years old, and i am scared out of my mind. even as i sit here in my computer chair sharp pains are shooting out like rays down my leg and up my side, all the way to my arm pit and across my stomach and back. finding this board has been a comfort, im so glad im not the only one who has experienced something like this (though i wouldnt wish it on anyone). sorry this is so long--
paula

Old 08-29-2003, 10:58 PM   #32

chilipep11 HB User
I also have a very large, long, swollen lymph node on the right side of my groin which comes and goes but has stuck around for a few weeks now. It went down a little during my period, but came back full force after. I've had issues since I was 13 (30 now) but never anything like this. My doctor hasn't seen it yet since I never had an appointment when it was swollen (and I can't get in for another week) but she thought it might have been related to my starting a new pill (Ortho-TriCyclin). However I started this at the beginning of this year. I was getting monthly yeast infections, but haven't had one in about 3 months which happens to correspond with when this node really started acting up. I do however have a slight burning as if a yeast infection is about to come on. This sound familiar to anyone? If so, did you find anything out? The swelling has gone away in the past, but this is almost hard and very painful and has been around for much longer than ever before. All I know is I've been doing research online and it seems there are so many possibilities!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2003, 03:43 AM   #33

pulabear1 HB User
the doctor gave me an antibiotic and told me that it was an abcsessed lymph node or something, but not only have the meds have done nothing but there is now another painful lump on my left side! im going to go see another doctor tomorrow.

Old 09-06-2003, 01:15 PM   #34

chilipep11 HB User
PulaBear -- Ask your doctor if it could be Hydradenitis. Mine diganosed my lump as that. Apparently this is a condition where the sweat glands 'clog' and a swelling occurs. Mine was apparently caused by my body not reacting well to Progesterin from a new birth control pill I was taking. It just sounds like we had some of the same symptoms (though mine has always just been on my right side). Good luck!

Old 09-11-2003, 12:23 PM   #35

Reetz HB User

Node back to normal after 3+ weeks......

Once inflamed it takes much longer to go back to normal.

Old 09-22-2003, 08:00 AM   #36

podracerdave HB User
Unhappy

Well, I haven't replied to this board in quite some time (since May). Well, after 4 months, I still have swollen lymph nodes in my groin area. Some days I am more swollen compared to other days. I even had some swollen nodes in my neck and armpit areas, so I don't think it was a localized infection causing the swollen nodes in my groin area.

You'd think you pay $$$ to all these doctors, and you'd get a correct diagnosis? My doctor isn't quite sure what could be going on. He said swollen lymph nodes in the groin are common. Or he said it could be a viral infection? I just wish I could get some solid answers. I'm going back to see him on Wednesday, but I may go get another opinion. I've had several blood tests, but I'm not sure what all of them tested for. I do know my mono test came back fine. He did say my EBV was elevated but that he didn't think that would cause swollen nodes.

Occasionally I will also get strange aches and pains in different parts of my body, like my arms and legs...and my leg hurts just south of my swollen groin nodes.

I just wish I could get some answers...the journey continues.

Old 09-22-2003, 02:20 PM   #37

enyceexdanny HB User
podracerdave, I totally understand how you feel. I've been going through a very similar situation for over 3 years so far. I have visited many doctors, ranging from ENT's to internal medicine to a surgeon.
All say the same thing, "They're lymphnodes".

"Of course it is!" I say, They tell me the same things I know already. It's really frustrating to have no idea what may be wrong with your body. Have you gotten a CT scan yet?, if not, it might be a good idea to get one. If you want to know for sure what may be causing the swollen nodes, you will have to get a biopsy. (surgical, not needle)
I'm thinking about getting one done soon, because I feel like poOp these days.. =(

Well, I hope all goes well. Just have faith in God and pray. God only gives you hardships upto a point that you can handle.

[This message has been edited by enyceexdanny (edited 09-22-2003).]

Old 09-25-2003, 10:20 AM   #38

podracerdave HB User
Unhappy

Danny, thanks for the post! I saw my doctor yesterday, and he really thought I should stop worrying about it. But I am the "Worry King", so that's kinda hard for me to do. He did in fact order a CT scan for me, but he said that he normally would not recommend it, but he said I can get it to calm my fears. I think he ordered it just to shut me up...haha

So, I'll probably go for that sometime in the next week.

Well, I'm not considering a biopsy of the node at this point in time. Hopefully it will never come to that, but we'll see.

Old 10-08-2003, 08:30 AM   #39

podracerdave HB User
Unhappy

Well, I did get that CT scan (chest, abdomen, pelvis) done last week. The scan did confirm borderline enlarged lymph nodes in the groin, and one in the abdomen...my doctor was not concerned by this.

But, unfortunately, the CT scan also saw liquid in my left scrotal area (need to get a scrotal ultrasound for a closer look), and also found a tiny nodule in my left lung. And on top of that I get all this information on my birthday - what a nice birthday gift!

The doctor says the nodule in my lung is too small to biopsy, but wants me to repeat the scan in 3-6 months. Uuughhh!

I'm still a young guy, and it seems I continue to have more and more things wrong with me. Very, very frustrating.

So, my spirits are kinda low right now, because I always think the "worst" possible situation...like am I developing lung cancer for example? I really hope I can change my outlook on things.

Old 10-13-2003, 05:43 AM   #40

alisonmelia HB User
hi im a 32yr old female i had glandula fever 10yrs ago so i know this isnt related i also have a virtual permenant urine infections due to kidney and bladder problems but havent had this problem before. i had a pain in my neck a couple of weeks ago the doctor said i had a swollen gland and would probably come down with something i didnt i have been uncomfortable in my groin area for a while but a week ago it became uncomfortable to walk i felt in the groin area and there is a lump which spreads over my pubic bone it is hard and painful to touch it doesnt move or change size.i think if i go to the docs theyll just say the same thing i dont have fever and apart from pain in my joints hips shoulders and wrists and feeling tired i have no other symptoms anyone got any ideas?

[This message has been edited by alisonmelia (edited 10-13-2003).]

Old 10-16-2003, 05:03 AM   #41

alisonmelia HB User
went to the docs after much nagging i am now more worried than ever he did an internal exam said my cervix didnt feel right as ive been bleeding after intercourse and have lost weight hes reffered me for an emergency appointment to a gyne doctor he said the smear that i had a couple of months ago which was clear doesnt really mean that i havent got cancer which has spread to the lymph nodes ive had pre cancerous cells before which were removed by lazer treatment. now im real worried help

Old 10-19-2003, 06:39 PM   #42

FSUneg18 HB User
My sister had swollen lymph nodes in her groin last year and they removed them but they were just an infection that she couldnt' get rid of so you are probably just fighting an infection.

Old 03-12-2004, 03:11 PM   #43
(female)

s. anne HB User
Re: Swollen Lymph Node in Groin Area

Hi, I was just checking to see if any new information has come out about this topic. I had what I think they called a gland removed approx. 20 years ago. The procedure was done in the doctors office. Then 5 years later the lump reappeared. I saw a surgeon and it was removed in the operating room at a hospital. It left me with a scar about 5 inches long. It has been 20 or so years since then and guess what it's back. I have an appointment next week. I'll let you guys know how it goes. It is rather uncomfortable as it in the panty line and about the size of a grape. It also seems to be attached to a vein or something that pulls and is sensitive. In the past they always seem to come and go, before they finally stayed for good.

Old 10-31-2004, 08:20 PM   #44

annie10 HB User

I too have lump in my groin. I think it has been there for years. Originally reported to doctor about 8 years ago. Last reported about 2 months ago. Blood tests done. No problem identified. She said it would probably just go away! Thank you to previous correspondence - re lump staying if you prod and poke it. I will try not to touch it for 2 months. Then go back to doctor. Might be able to sleep now. Very anxious

Old 01-13-2005, 10:33 AM   #45
(male)

BOCABOYSC HB User

Hi, Iam New To This Website, Iam A 24male And About Two Months Ago I Found This Lump On The Inner Side Of My Thigh Near My Groin. Well About 4 Days Ago The Lump Area Started To Swell And Turned Red. As Of Last 2 Days It Is Starting To Hurt And It Is Constantly Throbing. It Hurts To Walk And When It Brushes Against My Leg It Hurts Reel Bad.i Dont Know What Is But Its Getting Bigger Its A Little Smaller Then A Silver Dollar. I Would Like You Help And What You Think I Should Do. Thanks Chris.

Closed Thread