It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2003, 04:21 PM   #1

golinda HB User
Unhappy Swollen Lymph Node in Groin Area

I have a swollen lymph node in my groin area. I have been to my doctor and she said not to worry and to come back and see her in 2 weeks...well..when I went back to see her, my lymph node was gone back to normal and now..One week after the followup checkup...it's back! I am not sick and feel fine..so what could it be fighting?? Has anyone had this come and go like that?? Thanks so much!!

The Following User Says Thank You to golinda For This Useful Post:
tim evans (03-17-2012)
Old 04-02-2003, 09:06 PM   #2
(male)

Jooner18 HB User
Is it just the one side or bi-laterally? I have had swollen lymph nodes on both sides for about three months now. Sometimes they feel smaller, but it's not long at all before they're back up there again. I don't much at all about lymphomas, but can they affect both sides? Just one? Travel to all other nodes? Perhaps we can help each other with info...
Josh

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2003, 07:56 PM   #3

ashamax HB User
I have had a swollen node in my right groin area for 6 months. No others have gotten bigger. They say if you dont touch them for 6 weeks they go away.
but everytime u touch them they will remain big for 6 weeks.

let ms know what you find out.
how big? do they hurt and what size and what do they feel like/>
remember in this area, nodes are normal larger than in other areas

Old 04-14-2003, 09:27 PM   #4

golinda HB User
Hi, Sorry I haven't replied sooner...My computer died and I finally got it up and running again!..thanks for the replies...My lymph node is gone again...it doesn't know whether it's coming or going! "A little light humour" Haha...anyway...It can be on either side but mine is on the right side and it can show up in any areas where there are nodes like the neck or armpits too...Mine is about the size of a small grape when it's inflamed...But it does not hurt...If you have had yours for 6 months and it hasn't gone away, I strongly suggest you go to your doctor...He will need to do a needle aspiration or biopsy to see if it could be cancerous...Do not put this off please....Let me know how it goes okay?...good luck to you!

Bye for now

[This message has been edited by golinda (edited 04-15-2003).]

Old 05-08-2003, 05:41 PM   #5

gt4cody HB User
Golinda, when you first noticed your swollen node(s) in your pelvic area, did it seem to occur quite rapidly? What you describe is nearly identical to what I'm experiencing now. However, now it feels as though my leg (upper, in pelvic region) has a dull ache from time to time. Did you ever experience this??

Thanks,

-Chris

Old 05-13-2003, 07:15 PM   #6

jameslynda311 HB User
I have had the same type of thing that you all are talking about. For the past year or so, I have been getting these inflamed lumps right in the crease of my thigh (right on my underwear line). The lumps come and go, but at their largest (about the size of a grape), they are really tender. Wearing underwear during those peak times hurts so badly. I've told my doctor and she said it was nothing to be worried about, but I still am...mostly because it hurts so badly. Within the last few months, I've developed a "pimple-type" thing that now accompanies the lump. It seems as though the lump is draining out of this lesion because once it pops, the lump goes down. This has been happening on a cycle for at least 2 months. I've also noticed that when I have sex with my husband, or wear tighter (not tight, just not loose) underwear, or use tampons, the lumps grow...even if they've appeared to disappear for a couple of weeks. I don't know what to do, but I feel like my doctor thinks I'm crazy. I'm sorry for you all, but I'm so glad that I'm not the only one. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.
Lynn

Old 05-14-2003, 10:09 AM   #7

NMc HB User
Hi everyone:
I have a problem similar to that posted by several of you, except I have what appears to be bilateral swelling that extends the entire length of the inguinal canal (not a hernia). The swelling is confined to this area, so whatever it is, it is localized. Their development was slow (over several months) and they are not especially painful. They do, however, seem to be aggravated when I sit for an extended period of time (pain/burning down front of thighs), which I assume is due to nerve impingement. I can't think of anything that might have provoked them (infection) and feel fine.
I'm scheduled for a CT scan this Friday and would like to have some idea what to expect re: cause, before the report comes back. Your input whould be greatly appreciated, even if (informed) speculation.
Thanks in advance,
Nancy

Old 05-19-2003, 04:33 PM   #8

allen34 HB User
Hi Nancy, seems like alot of people have had simular symtoms including me. The one thing I wanted to mention is that I had a CT scan and they said they saw no abnormal nodes. I guess the CT scan gives a better picture than what we can feel as far a a posible serious condition. In other words, it is probably nothing to worry about. Please post a follow up on how the scan went.

Best wishes
David

Old 05-20-2003, 04:02 AM   #9

NMc HB User
Hi Allen, and thanks for the response. The CT scan went well and received the results yesterday. Only things noted were two cysts in the "mid subcapsule region", whatever that might be, but otherwise an unremarkable scan. Am relieved it hasn't turned out to be anything major. Actually, I did some additional research over the weekend and wonder if what some of us might have is lipoma. The symptoms sound remarkably similar (nerve impingement) and lipoma often occurs in the extremities (notably, the inguinal region). This could be mistaken for lymphoma or hernia because of its location. Will discuss with my doctor. I'm surprised my doctor didn't consider this before sending me for a CT scan - which isn't especially sensitive to detecting lipomas. Will keep you posted on anything I learn.
Nancy

Old 05-20-2003, 01:39 PM   #10

scubabear HB User
I wonder what makes nodes "abnormal". I had gone for a sonogram, the results being several suspected enlarged lymph nodes--but they requested a CT scan w/ contrast to confirm. I had the CT scan, was told I would have the results in a week, unless it was urgent. Well, I got a call within (2) hours. They want an MRI w/ contrast for further clarification prior to biopsy.

I'm quite nervous. I have done extensive research on lymphoma since my Dad was diagnosed almost 3 years ago...he passed away in August due to the cancer.

I guess I don't really have a question or advice, just needed to vent. A diagnosis / test results take way too long!!!

Old 05-20-2003, 02:23 PM   #11

NMc HB User
Hi Scubabear:
I'm sorry to hear about your father. Not sure how CT with contrast detects problems with the lymph nodes, maybe something to do with their prediliction for absorbing the isotope. May I ask how the contrast was administered (oral/injection?) and whether they did a dedicated scan of the specific node location? I ask because my doctor's script requested the scan be done to rule out mass and/or hernia, so am now wondering if they were even concerned with the lymph nodes. I've also recently developed swelling on the inside of my arms (in the elbow creases) which I cannot trace to any specific event/trauma. Sheesh, just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water.
I hope your own tests go smoothly - let us know how you're doing.
Nancy

Old 05-21-2003, 09:05 AM   #12

scubabear HB User
Hi Nancy...thanks for the post!

The contrast was administered via injection. The scan was of my neck.

I find it hard to imagine that they would ignore any abnormalities, even if they weren't specifically looking at your lymph nodes. My sonogram was done to see what the lumps in my neck were---they weren't specifically looking for lymph nodes. After the sonogram, that's what they suspected the lumps to be, which was then confirmed by the CT scan. I go for an MRI with contrast tomorrow.

Have you seen a doctor in regards to the new swelling on your arms? Did anything ever come of your CT scan? Was anything abnormal found? Are you still undergoing testing? Wow...where did that barrage of questions come from?!?!?! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/gabby.gif

Good luck...I hope all works out for the best!

Old 05-23-2003, 05:35 PM   #13

NMc HB User
Hi again Scubabear:
Wasn't able to see my doctor, but she phoned and reported the CT scan found nothing to be concerned about. Didn't mention the lumps on the arms as they don't seem to be causing any problems, and why muddy the water?
Have you received any additional information on your own test results?
Nancy

Old 05-24-2003, 10:38 AM   #14

Rooney64 HB User
Exclamation

I have had recurring swellings on the inside of my thigh (both sides) for sometime. They haven't shown up though for approx 2½ years. I was on business in S. America in March for nearly 4 weeks and one appeared on the inside of my left thigh. It was quite small and got a head whereby the fluid seeped out. I bandaged it with iodine paste and it went away. Just this week however one appeared on the inside of my right thigh. Man, it hurts! I have been bandaging it like the other but it is just getting more painful. I am bed bound because that is the only time it doesn't hurt. If I try to walk I look like an elephant swaying from side to side, (not that I am the size of one mind you!!). The doctor says that surgery won't help in the long run!!! I know that my body has looked after itself regarding these abcesses in the past. I know this one will go away but like you all know, it makes life miserable for a few days which seem like weeks.
I had something similar about 15 years ago in my arm-pit. There is still scar tissue there but it doesn't cause any problems. I read somewhere that it comes from a fluid that the skin produces and in some it is a thick milky fluid, which, when it doesn't find an exit causes inflamation. I also heard that it can also come from an ingrowing hair. Does anyone know whether the antibiotics really help, maybe a good idea to take them constatly to prevent them constantly ;-)
Sorry for blowing off. Thanks for reading!

Old 05-27-2003, 12:15 PM   #15
ColinStelfox

Can anyone help me?

I went to the doctor's about two weeks ago and she diagnosed me with a Water Infection (Urinary Tract Infection). And since then I've noticed that I have a rubbery type lump in my groin. It doesn't feel like a round lump, it's a long lump. It's painless and I've felt fine recently.

I was wondering if it might be because of the water infection. That maybe the infection is getting fought off.

But I'm really concerned.

Closed Thread