It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2003, 10:48 AM   #1

serenasq HB User
Post blood spots under skin

Is blood spots under the skin anything to be concerned about. There not always there but some mornings i wake up and there over my arm , hand and fingers. Could it just be from sleeping?
There about the size of a pin head and dont disapear when compressed however they do go usually by the end of the day!

Old 07-27-2003, 10:23 AM   #2

kathryngoddard HB User
I have tiny red blood spots on my breast about 6 or 7 just on one breast. i hope that someone can help with your question i would like to know .

The Following User Says Thank You to kathryngoddard For This Useful Post:
mileidys07 (05-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2003, 05:50 PM   #3

Kandi76 HB User
I also have something that sounds like what you both are describing. Mine are real tiny...pin head size I guess..and most are dark red some a little lighter than that though. They are mainly on my upper arms but I have noticed that they are starting to go down my arms now almost to my hands. You really have to look to see them though. I was told by some friends of mine that they thought they were broken blood vessels under the skin and that it is common and nothing to worry about. I am going to a dermatologist in a couple of weeks and I am going to ask the doctor about it. I will let you know what I find out.

Old 08-12-2003, 08:32 AM   #4

Kandi76 HB User
I went to the doctor and I asked him about the spots under my skin that are on my shoulders and arms. He was totally clueless as to what it is. I am going to have to ask a dermatologist about it I guess!

Old 09-17-2003, 05:52 AM   #5

RareEndo HB User
I've had this for the past three years. Under both breasts (minimal) on two occasions covering my right arm and hand.

What you MAY be looking at is bleeding under the skin, called patechiae or petechial rash. A way to determine if this is indeed petechiae is to find a small piece of glass or plastic (clear) and press over the area that has the pinpoints. If the red stays there (ie: doesn't blanch) then it is petechiae.

Other things like pupura or echymosis (bruises) are the same just different sizes. Personally I've had this for years along with an enlarged spleen non-specific nodes everywhere and elevated plates, ebc and rbc (a picture of polycythemia vera) anyway no one has done anything and won't, say I'm too young.

The symptom of petechiae in my opinion warrents a cause to be found. It's not just normal, usually due to low platelets or a clotting disorder, other causes include myeloproliferitive disorders like (polycythemia and some leukemias)

They do NOT itch, fade within a few days and reappear. There are viruses and infections that also can cause these but generally a cause should be sought!

Hang in there, try not to worry....ok? not easy I know, and yes sleeping on the arm can do this. Sometimes they can test small vessle disease also by checking blood pressure or putting an elastic around your upper arm (the cuff or elastic) will immediately cause petechiae if your prone to it. When I get my BP taken I immediately get mottled skin and many petechiae below that level.

I've had millions of health problems and have real symptoms that are of concern for leukemia or lymphoma. It's a matter of time and lots of tests to get to the bottom of things that are not se clear sometimes.

Hope this helps, oh and as they fade, at least mine, they turm purple in color from the bright red...basically they are tiny little bruises.

Take Care and God Bless
Jessica

Old 10-28-2003, 12:26 PM   #6
(female)

jennyp24 HB User
I also have red spots on skin. I have one on my right hand and one on my right wrist (both about the size of a flea). These have been there for approximately a year. I have had others that have lasted several months then disappear. I also have many pinpoint ones on my arms, legs, and ankles (these ones are hard to see). I am glad to see that other people have them. But has anyone had them last as long as mine, if so, what are they, and what is the cause?

Thanks, Jen

Old 12-01-2003, 04:12 PM   #7

bellacjl HB User
Re: blood spots under skin

I get tiny red dots like what you are describing if I scratch a sensitive area too much. I think it causes damages and brings blood to the surface.

Old 03-08-2005, 10:22 AM   #8
(female)

KaterinaO23 HB User
Please see my comments below.

Last edited by KaterinaO23; 03-08-2005 at 10:32 AM.

Old 03-08-2005, 10:30 AM   #9
(female)

KaterinaO23 HB User

I used to have these pinhead-sized red spots under my skin when I was younger (7-9 yrs. old). They were not raised, and hundreds were located on my lower arms & lower legs.
At the time I had this, I lived in Europe, Czech Republic. My doctors also had no clue as to what these were and had me hospitalized for 2 months for observation & tests. I guess they were worried about internal bleeding. .
The spots would appear overnight, then slowly disappear over 2-3 days or re-appear again. They told my parents at the time it looked leukemia-related, because the blood tests showed a low red blood cell count. At this point, my parents were desperate and insisted on a 2nd opinion. I remember going for a lot of other tests after this and then my parents were told this could be kidney-related.
In either case, after my hospital observation, the spots came back a few more times, then completely disappeared and never came back to this day.
I'm in my mid-30's now and had no other health problems, other than kidney stones at age of 18 and lots of bladder infections over the years. Not sure if these are related in any way.

Old 03-10-2005, 09:45 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User

These spots are petechiae. They are caused by tiny capillary hemmhorages under the skin. My daughter broke out with these all over when she was dx'd with ITP(a disorder of the platelets). There are many different things that can cause these blood spots and they are fairly common. Low platelets are one cause, but my daughter also had severe bruises along with the petechiae when her platelets got dangerously low. Another common cause of petechiae is vitamin deficiency. I have them, myself, on my chest and upper arms. There are a few on my chest that have been there for a couple months. I showed them to my Dr. and he said they were nothing to worry about...since I didn't have any other worrysome symptoms. He told me to start taking a multi-vitamin and lots of vit C.
Do a search on petechiae and you should find a lot of info.
Hilery

Old 05-23-2005, 09:16 AM   #11
(male)

zaid HB User

hi i have got the same pin sized spots that you are describing some have gone but the ones on my anckles and forearms are still there its been over a year now. they are definetley flea bites where they have bitten me cause when they bite the inject some saliva in. to thin the blood so they can drink and when they finnish feeding somtimes leave some blood under the skin.

Old 05-24-2005, 03:35 PM   #12
(female)

twiggy7977 HB User

I had them on my lower legs quite badly and had a bunch of blood work done. Turned out my liver had gotten inflamed ( due to some kind of viral infection...no idea what) but after a week or two it cleared up after taking meds.
I still have red dots on my legs and feet...a few on my arms and other areas..but not near how it was before.

My son also had it when he would get scratched...instead of being a red scratch it would be all dotted. They did blood tests on him and it turned out he was anemic

Closed Thread