It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2005, 01:11 AM   #1
(female)

storms_refuge HB User
dizziness?

I once thought that I read somewhere that dizziness can be a sign of a rare form of lymphoma. I have been experiencing some weird off balance feeling lately. I of course equate it with lymphoma, since I am inte watch and observe mode now, with my lymph nodes. It could be inner ear, or anxiety, or a host of other things, I know. I was just wondering if anyone here knows of dizziness being associated with lymphoma itself ( I know chemo could possibly make one feel dizzy, but I mean from the actual disease itself). I could use a little reassurance, or info. I have checked with the cancer hotline and lymphoma info. line and they say they cannot find any information in their books saying that dizziness is assocaited with lymphoma.
Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2005, 05:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User
Re: dizziness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by storms_refuge
I once thought that I read somewhere that dizziness can be a sign of a rare form of lymphoma. I have been experiencing some weird off balance feeling lately. I of course equate it with lymphoma, since I am inte watch and observe mode now, with my lymph nodes. It could be inner ear, or anxiety, or a host of other things, I know. I was just wondering if anyone here knows of dizziness being associated with lymphoma itself ( I know chemo could possibly make one feel dizzy, but I mean from the actual disease itself). I could use a little reassurance, or info. I have checked with the cancer hotline and lymphoma info. line and they say they cannot find any information in their books saying that dizziness is assocaited with lymphoma.
Thanks.
If lymphoma is causing any eating problems, or bleeding problems the dizziness could be from blood loss or low hemoglobin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2005, 03:57 AM   #3
(female)

storms_refuge HB User

What sort of bleeding problems can be associated with lymphoma? Is it some sort of internal bleeding?
I have had a mildly low MCV ( I think that was the name of it) for over a year now. My actual iron count, the hemaglobin isnt low but the MCV or whatever the name was, is a component of iron, as I understand it. But it was low for a some time before I experoenced any trouble with the lympg node swelling. Is the MCV an indicator of lymphoma or is i just the actual hemaglobin?
Thanks.

Old 04-08-2005, 04:50 AM   #4
(female)

storms_refuge HB User

Okay, I did some reading this morning, and if what I gaether is correct, a low MCV can be present from anemia, and also can be caused by Hodgkins Lymphoma. It looks like the ferritin should be tested to see if the low MCV count is coming from an actual iron deficiency or if it could be from something else. (i.e. chrinic disease/ lymphoma). I do not see any mention of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in what I've read, causing the low MCV, do you know if it is not associated with this particular type of abnormal blood component?
You know, I thought the wait and see appraoch was going to work for me, but between feeling LOUSY about 1/2 the time, the MCV being low, the 2 lymph nodes still being swollen, and my hair falling out when it never ever used to, I think it's time to face this as best I can and seek more testing. I have no clue what sort of dr. or dr.(s) to seek out. I tried contacting oncologists before, and they all blew me off saying they only deal with a patient after diagnosis. I could see my ENT for lymph node removal in my neck, but there is also the node in my chest area, and he wouldn't do that one. So do I seek out a surgeon for the nodes and some sort of hematologist for the bloodwork? My family dr. seems to know VERY little about any of this. She cited the "near normal" blood work as evidence that Lymphoma didn't exist. Does that tell you anything? *sigh* I really need to know what's going on with me and to feel better. I am terrified, but I am scared out of my mind not knowing too, so it seems I have little choice now.
Sorry for the rant.

Closed Thread