It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2005, 01:22 AM   #1
(male)

michaelii HB User
I think I have cancer...Advice please!

I have a nodule on the left side of my throat, and it is about 3cm x 3cm. It is not tender or painful.

I don't feel like it is a lymph node (no pain etc)

it doesn't move much when pressed, and it feels rather hard to the touch.

I am scared to death!! Please give me any advice or help!

My Dr thinks it must a swollen lymph gland, but I am afraid it's cancer...I return in a week to see it's progress...

I have no insurance, and the closest city is 2 hours away. My partner and I just moved here to paradise along the northern coast of California, finally living our dream of owning a Bed & Breakfast...Now I'm afraid it's over.

Any ideas???? Please.

- Michael

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2005, 02:27 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

veggigoddess HB User
Re: I think I have cancer...Advice please!

Sounds like you're allowing paranoia to take over. You need to calm down and wait out the week to see if there's any progress any nothing can be done till that's been dealt with. Even if it is something serious it's not the end. Panicking is the worst thing you can do to yourself right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2005, 02:30 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

veggigoddess HB User

And here's some info I read on-line regarding signs of throat cancer. Most common signs are persistent sore throat, trouble swallowing, a lump in the neck, a change in voice, or ear pain. The clinical appearance of throat cancer ranges from symptomatic white patches to large wounds. Cancer of the throat may be preceded by visible precursor lesions that are not yet malignant. These appear as heaped up cells or reddish sores.
You should look up throat cancer yourself on-lien to read about other symptoms if you seriously think you may have it, but determine first if you really believe this or if your paranoia is just taking over.

Old 04-17-2005, 03:18 PM   #4
(male)

heart123 HB User

Michael, Relax and wait for the results. Most likely just an infection or something. Buy a good bottle of wine or two from one of the local vineyards, and enjoy the company of friends. I had a similar problem once and it was an infection that cleared up with time and antibiotics. Could also be allergy related.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:57 PM   #5
(male)

michaelii HB User

Thanks everyone for the kind words...

It's so weird, one minute I think, "..oh well, it feels smaller, must have just been a node, swollen since I had a cold last week..."

Then the next minute I think ..." oh my god, my face muscles are twitching, and it must be cancer...", or "it's not smaller, a huge 3x3 cm mass, it must be malignent neoplasm..."

What is wrong with me!!!!!!!

Am I a hypercondriac? My Dr said he thinks it is likely just a swollen gland, and will go away in a few days, but it could be lymphoma, or some sort of cancer... Help!!

The following user gives a hug of support to michaelii:
worrywartmom39 (05-02-2011)
Closed Thread