It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2005, 06:14 AM   #1
(female)

brookiebear21 HB User
Hardening of Spleen????

Has anyone with Lymphoma heard about their spleen hardening? I think the they actually said my son's spleen 'had tiny foci of course ethnogenicity'. My son has not been diagnosed with lymphoma, I am just curious if this is a part of the illness?

Old 05-15-2005, 06:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Merimac HB UserMerimac HB User
Re: Hardening of Spleen????

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookiebear21
Has anyone with Lymphoma heard about their spleen hardening? I think the they actually said my son's spleen 'had tiny foci of course ethnogenicity'. My son has not been diagnosed with lymphoma, I am just curious if this is a part of the illness?
I believe that would read "small foci of coarse etiology" That statement would mean that they found spots where the thickness of tissue would be greater in some areas and less in others. It might mean that he has some fibrous connective tissue that could be questioned if other symptoms were available as well. What a lot of people do not realize is that we can get blemishes on the outsides of organs just like we do on our skin, sometimes it is important to our health and well being and sometimes not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2005, 09:38 AM   #3
(female)

brookiebear21 HB User

No actually, I am reading it right off the ultrasound report and it says 'foci of course echogenicity of spleen'

Old 05-15-2005, 09:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookiebear21
No actually, I am reading it right off the ultrasound report and it says 'foci of course echogenicity of spleen'
The sentence means that the sound waves of the dopplar are bouncing off areas of the spleen. They are not saying why and just describing what is being seen by the dopplar. The doctor will definitely have to interpret this.

Old 05-16-2005, 03:56 AM   #5
(female)

brookiebear21 HB User

I have found another ultrasound report and this is what it says "The spleen is mildly enlarged with a coarse pattern of echogenicity. Tiny foci of calcifications cannot be excluded. Enlarged mesenteric lymph nodes measuring 1.3 cm in their greatest diameter.
any idea what this all means?

Old 05-16-2005, 04:49 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

This means that the dopplar was able to visualize areas of the spleen that the dopplar waves would not penetrate. The mesenteric area pertains to the surface of the spleen and surrounding walls of the body cavity where the spleen lies. The lymph nodes are there, but not necessarily unduly enlarged. The spleen, they believe is larger than it should be for the age and health of the person. The doctor will still have to interpret the findings in regards to what the ailment or symptoms of the person are.

Closed Thread