It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2005, 08:16 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

zorm HB User
swelling and lymph nodes

Hi all,

Quick question i have about lymphoma. Have been six months ill now and docs etc still trying to work it out. However doc at hospital other day started asking me questions about lymphoma. i have two swollen lymph glands beneath my jaw. one bigger than other. but no pain in them. they have a kind of rubbery texture like a geuss two slugs were under there!! He also noted that i had a swelling area bottom of my left cheek. My paratoid glands have been pretty swollen up since i was sick i never noticed them before. also since i have been sick i ahve had loads of swelling under my skin. almost like jelly like substance. at first they thought it was allergy but that does not appear to be the case and i have been checked out for thyroid and an underactive pituatary too.
My skin is pretty thick seeming and also peels and is itchy every day since i was sick and has horrible spot type scabby rash on left side too. i also noticed that my jaw seems larger and i notice the bony nodules on it more im not sure if they wre there before i would have thought i would have noticed!! My dentist said its not a tooth problemof any kind! I lost a hell of a lot of weight when i first got sick and have not put any on. Been having severe headaches and jaw pain too. always worse lying down. Pain down left hand side of body. im sweating a lot at night and when i wake in the morning its like i had no sleep. nothing remarkable on blood tests ebv positive, esr 2 on one occasion and 6 on another, low potassium level, growth hormone slightly elevated, excess protien in urine.

its probably an infection of some kind they thought swelling in my face was some sort of angio derma- but anti histamines and steriods i reacted badly to. anyway im a bit worried about the lymphoma thing- i know nothing about but think i should stress my symptons again to my gp.

any info about tests or anything would be much appreciated.

love zoe xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2005, 06:25 PM   #2

supmom810 HB User
Re: swelling and lymph nodes

Zoe,
Have they done any ct scans or xrays? If so what do they show? Are they still trying to find the cause or pretty much let it go.
Hope you are feeling better and if not, find out the cause for not feeling well.

Old 06-19-2005, 04:49 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

zorm HB User

hi supmom,

I had an mri brain scan. Cause i was having wierd headaches i was collapsing from. did not show anything. i think cause i have had such a multiplicity of symptons that its hard to know what to have checked. i think having some kind of skin test or exam would be key as i get swellings and peelings there which is just not normal. Also probably should have lymph nodes checked as they are swollen without pain i didn't really notice them until recently with everything else going on. all this kind of liquid retention i get under my skin im sure is related to my nodes as they don't seem to be filtering it seems to me. It could be an infection but your right i need this checked and to press the doctors for answers. Doctors it seems to me seem reluctant to look at the really serious illnesss unless they get something really really suspicious show up on the blood tests which i haven't.

thank you so much for replying

Zoe x

Old 06-19-2005, 10:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Merimac HB UserMerimac HB User

Ask your GP for a referral for a lymph node biopsy. That is the definitive answer.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:30 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

zorm HB User

hi merimac,

thanks for your advice. the reason i haven't asked before is cause i ve had so many symptons the last six months. i posted my whole story on research board recently. I don't know what the hell is happening to me. See i don't know which test to ask for next it could be anything?? i geuss this test is a very important? Are you a Doctor you seem so informed?

I hope my doctor does something hes convinced its post viral/ cfs but my symptons don't match and cfs groups don't relate to them. I geuss he thinks this cause i keep telling him i generally just feel ill all the time.

your doing a great job thanks.

zoe

Closed Thread