It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2005, 02:53 PM   #1
(female)

ramonaq HB User
itchy skin, sore throat, green phlegm, coughing

i never thought what was going on with me could be lymphoma, but i came across something today in a google search that made me think i should post a question here to get some information.

about 4 days ago i started getting really itchy skin. mostly on my legs and arms. i would scratch and scratch and my skin would turn red like a rash. in a few spots there would be a raised bump. looks sort of like a mosquito bite, no puss or head to it.

at first i thought i had strep throat because i had it as a kid and broke out in hives (i didn't have a sore throat then tho. odd!). this time tho i did have a sore throat. i was also coughing a lot. i'd get that uncontrollable tickle in my throat and have coughing fits.

basically, this starts out like the flu. i get a sore throat, then by the end of the nite or next day i have body aches, skin sensitivity, etc, etc. i'm basically knocked out in bed for two days. that dies down a little and i just have throat problems and the coughing. also, i am full of green phlegm. some sort of infection?

the other thing is this started a week ago? and two weeks before that i was sick just like this, but then got better after about a week. and prior to this, around xmas time last year i got sick like this, got well, then got sick again... all within a couple months or so? same symptoms: sore throat, body aches, lingering sore throat and cough paired with green phlegm.

the only thing different this time around is the itching/bumps on my legs and arms. the weird thing is that it doesn't feel like the bumps are itching, because sometimes they aren't even present where i itch. my skin literally feels like it is on fire.

is this something that has any remote resemblance to lymphoma? based on your experience w/ lymphoma?

regardless, i think i need to see a doctor, but i thought i should post this first. thanks in advance.

The following user gives a hug of support to ramonaq:
sorethroat2long (01-08-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to ramonaq For This Useful Post:
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2005, 02:57 PM   #2
(female)

Debbiefix HB User
Re: itchy skin, sore throat, green phlegm, coughing

I bet you've had strep throat for quite awhile. You don't always have to have a sore throat to have it. My guess is it keeps subsiding then coming back.

Last edited by Debbiefix; 07-03-2005 at 02:58 PM.

Old 07-04-2005, 12:51 AM   #3
(male)

ryu1977 HB User
Re: itchy skin, sore throat, green phlegm, coughing

Do you have swollen lymph node anywhere in your body?

If not, I think you think too far to consider Lymphoma, definitely the possibility is always exist but it is very very rare to have Lymphoma without appearing swollen lymph node.

Surely, it could be different in some cases but commonly, the other symptoms of Lymphoma follow or occur after the swollen lymph node appears not before.

Wish you healthy

The Following User Says Thank You to ryu1977 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread