It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2005, 10:33 AM   #1
(male)

distressed1 HB User
Scared I might have Lymphoma -- please help

Hi,

I may be worried over nothing, but I found this board and wanted to ask for some advice. I've had mildly swollen (pea-sized), tender (achy) lymph nodes under my jawbone for a few weeks now. Additionally, I will occasionally wake up at night in a cold sweat (not drenched, just moist). During this time I've also had a cold that turned into a sinus infection (teeth ache, headache, drainage, nosebleeds, bloodshot eyes, etc.) I had previously been on a course of Cipro for another infection, so my doctor doesn't want to give me any more antibiotics for awhile. I guess my paranoia lies in these achy lymph nodes under my jawline. I don't notice any swelling anywhere else in my body (armpits, groin). But when researching what could be the possible underlying causes for these symptoms, I see lymphoma and get worried. I haven't had any weight loss. I'm fatigued, but I think that could just be from the anxiety over it all. My question is, should I be concerned over lymphoma given these circumstances? I am driving myself crazy with worry. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by distressed1; 12-30-2005 at 03:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2005, 06:21 PM   #2
(female)

cutigergirl HB User
Re: Scared I might have Lymphoma

It can take awhile for your glands to return to normal after an infection. Also, you seen to be experiencing symptoms of cold/flu still so I am sure that is what is causing your swollen glands. Also, I suffer from anxiety too and the worrying and stress can make things seem so much worse and actually induce some symptoms. I would wait 4-6 weeks and if they are still swollen, get your GP to check them out, but Im sure you are fine. carrie

PS-Try to stay off the net, I know for me, it just fuels my anxiety that much more.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2005, 07:56 AM   #3
(male)

distressed1 HB User
Re: Scared I might have Lymphoma

Thanks. I guess I get more anxious with every day that this sinus infection doesn't clear up, and I feel this tingling in my lymph nodes under my jaw on both sides. I can't see them visually in my neck, but I can feel their presence now, and they ache. I am hoping this is just a sign of the infection from the sinus and not something more serious. Are achy, tender lymph nodes even a sign of lymphoma? There is so much conflicting information on the internet that it is confusing.

Closed Thread