It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2006, 01:07 PM   #1
(female)

Amrov HB User
Best kind of doctor to see about enlarged lymph nodes

I've had small palpable lymph nodes in my neck for a while now, ever since I had a bout with a mono-like disease about a year and a half ago. They are small, and movable. A few days ago, however, two lymph nodes on my left side, just below my ear, suddenly got a lot bigger (can see them in the mirror). They are not painful, and are solid (won't move around when I touch them). I have no signs of any infection and have not had one in a while.

As I have a lot of other symptoms of illness (>10% weight loss, chills, night sweats, itching & fatigue), I want to get this checked out.

My family doctor is really good only for colds and such.

Is an Ear, Nose & Throat doctor a good primary doctor to see about this? Or an Internist?

Old 03-31-2006, 01:29 PM   #2
(male)

help0001 HB User
Re: Best kind of doctor to see about enlarged lymph nodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrov
I've had small palpable lymph nodes in my neck for a while now, ever since I had a bout with a mono-like disease about a year and a half ago. They are small, and movable. A few days ago, however, two lymph nodes on my left side, just below my ear, suddenly got a lot bigger (can see them in the mirror). They are not painful, and are solid (won't move around when I touch them). I have no signs of any infection and have not had one in a while.

As I have a lot of other symptoms of illness (>10% weight loss, chills, night sweats, itching & fatigue), I want to get this checked out.

My family doctor is really good only for colds and such.

Is an Ear, Nose & Throat doctor a good primary doctor to see about this? Or an Internist?
Hi,
Sorry to hear about the troubles you are going through at present, hope they get better soon. I understand what you are going through symptom wise, and lymphoma for me hasn't been ruled out. If I was you, I would see if you could get referred to a hematologist. They are the best people who are able to diagnose blood related cancers, like leukemia and lymphoma. I'm under a hematologist myself at the moment. I hope this is of some help to you.

All the best, and good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread