It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2006, 02:24 PM   #1
(female)

Kristin67 HB User
Smile hard painful lymph nodes and now this?

Hello all,
I have MCTD so was thinking that this was just caused by the autoimmune issues... but now...
Let me back up... I have had hard painful lymph nodes for awhile now. Sometimes it is the string under my arm and up into my neck and behind my collarbone. Other times the ones in my groin are that way... sometimes it is all of them... I mentioned it to doc, and he didn't say much, only that they weren't really enlarged, so he wasn't too worried. (I don't see that doc anymore, btw, but haven't mentioned it to other docs because I don't want to seem like I am complaining about nothing...) But--about 3 weeks ago, the lymph nodes in my left groin were hard and painful, and suddenly there was a red streak coming from the node, going down my leg. Not long, but flaming red and going in a definite line about 2 inches. This didn't last long (a few days maybe) but now the lymph nodes in my jaw are so painful it's like I've been eating jawbreakers, the ones under my left arm are super painful, and I feel like I'm getting sick. Could this be nothing? I'm sure it is...
When I look up hard painful lymph nodes on the 'net I find nothing (unless it is combined with "enlarged" and mine really aren't what I would call "enlarged"... they are visible, but not like--huge or anything)... Sometimes when they flare up like this (although this is the first time with the red streak) I get night sweats, too... like now... (I went through a period of time years ago where I got night sweats almost every night for weeks... but now they come for a few consecutive nights but just every once in a few months.)
Thanks for reading
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Kristin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2006, 02:31 PM   #2
(female)

Debbiefix HB User
Re: hard painful lymph nodes and now this?

That's definitely strange but if you had a red line on your leg and sore lymph nodes that's not something to fool around with. When I was a kid I had that on my arm and it was blood poisoning from a cut on my arm. I think you should see the new doctor and tell him everything you told us.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:47 PM   #3
(female)

Kristin67 HB User
Smile Re: hard painful lymph nodes and now this?

Hi DebbieFix,
(I just posted a quick message to you earlier, in a different thread... you are quick!)
I wasn't worried because I had no cuts or anything near or even close to (I think the closest wounds were on my ankles and my arms...) the lymph node with the streak... I just figured it was some strange passing "thang" haha. I'll definitely let doc know... too bad I just cancelled my appt for Friday and rescheduled it for August...
Insofar as the lymph nodes themselves--have you ever heard of just hard painful lymph nodes? Sometimes they just ache... the ones on my spine, behind my knees, in the groin, under my arms, etc... Without them being swollen and squishy? Mine are hard like bone... and very specific edges... but just painful. I asked the one doc that I don't see anymore how they can be this way, and he said, "well, if they get any worse we'll do a biopsy." I don't really know what "worse" means...
Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it.
I usually come to these boards to help and support people, it's a rare thing when I actually ask questions...
Thanks again,
Kristin

Old 07-11-2006, 02:54 PM   #4
(female)

Debbiefix HB User

I never had painful ones and only a few that I could even feel. I sure wish you would have this checked out soon. It could be a systemic infection of some sort....lyme disease, mono....anything like that. I wouldn't let it go though.

Old 07-16-2006, 08:34 AM   #5
(female)

Kristin67 HB User

Thanks for the replies DebbieFix. I rescheduled my rheumatologist appt and made it for tomorrow. I'll see what he sayd. He's a good guy. I hope he tells me if I'm just being a baby though.
Have a great rest-of-your-weekend
-kristin

Closed Thread