It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2006, 05:10 PM   #1
(female)

juneofthesun HB User
please help...worried girl!

I have been getting headachs for years. They use to only happen every once in a while, then a year ago it was about once a week. More recently (the last 6 mts) they have been lasting for 4 days sometimes longer. Acompanied by vomiting, nashua, the inability to speak properly,sever mood swings to the point where I just cry. Inability to drive, walk, keep both eyes open, and concentate...mid conversations I loose thought, and everything is just blank. and even after a feel night sleep I am still tired...other issues I have been having, are sever chest pain that last for several mins. Cramps in my legs, and body shakes, mainly the hands.. nightmares..I also had a free eye screaning because i didnt have insurance, and my eye presure is 22 and 25...I am 24 years old, and normal eye presure is 12 to 14 or at least thats what the lady said.

On top of that, I was going to a Crio Dr. who said he could help me get rid of the headachs. after a few weeks, they seemed to get worse...I showed him a place in the base of my skull near the center back of my neck. It was what felt like a bone, but the same bone wasnt on the other side it is a fairly large knot..and is where the headachs usually started and then spread through my whole head and into my jaw and teeth and eyes.

He told me it wasnt a bone, and that I should get it checked out...because he could move it around...

I know I should and I guess I will get an appoitment...but I am worried and there isnt anyone really here to talk to about it...my family lives away...any help would be great...thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2006, 06:19 AM   #2
(female)

Dan's Mom HB User
Re: please help...worried girl!

It sounds like the tension headaches that I have. It took me years to figure out what it was. These started right after my hus, was diagnosed with a terminal illness and have continued every since- 10years... throwing up the whole bit.. It helps that I now understand what they are. My Dr. toldme that you have a band of tissues that goes around your head. That gets irritated or somethng like that, and it cause the pain to g o into your eyes. I had CAT scan galore and there was never anything found. One trick is to keep the pain managed. Take something before it gets out of hand. Excedrin tension headache helps me or i used to take Orudis KT. That worked for a while. The underlying problem is stress and that stress can hurt you in the long run. I now have high blood pressure. An ice pack, then heat to the neck can help. Mostly, don't let it get out of hand. If you feel it coming on, rest if you can and take something. Reg Tylenon won't work, as I'm sure you have discovered. My latest fix is to go to the clininc when it gets really bad and ask for 2 shots: One of imitrex, whihc is a migraine med and tordhal, whihc is a pain med. The initrex burns when it goes through your body but it helps. My Dr, said I don't have migraines but the migraine shot, or pill, helps. it sounds like muscle spasms bit of you are concerned that something else is wrong you should go see a DR. Maybe some of these ideas will give you some relief in the mean time.

Old 07-15-2006, 06:23 AM   #3
(female)

Dan's Mom HB User
Re: please help...worried girl!

In addition, pain makes you tired. When I have these really bad ones, I can't think straight. I can't make decisions and I'm miserable. The pressure in your eyes.. I don't know what that is. Sometimes hereditary eye conmditiond show up like that.. like glaucoma.

Closed Thread