It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2006, 01:12 AM   #1
(female)

wcrescue29 HB User
Question needing some infor on stomach lymphoma

Hi, sorry to hear what everyone else is going through...everyone is in my prayers..and GOD BLESS EVERYONE!

Ok...I have been swelling in my stomach for almost a year now with pain and indigestion, trouble with constipation...I have been to many different doctors.
I have been to a gyno... urologist and gastro...they all tell me that i need to see one of the other....itz like they don't know and push it all under a rug..

i know my body and it is telling me something is wrong...my family doctor says that itz IBS..have been put on zelnorm, reglan, and antibotics...when i go to my gastr doctor he tells me that i don't have IBS.

Well i couldn't get any answers so i started going to the er because i was so sick and in pain and after going for months finally one doctor went over all my blood work and he is suspecting STOMACH LYMPHOMA... I go and see a
Hematologist/ONCOLOGIST on Wed. of this week and kinda scared..

I ask him why he suspects lymphoma and he said my blood work has been out of wack for months and it should have been looked at a long time ago

he did every blood test he could think of..

WBC-12.5 H NORMAL RANGE- 4.7-10.8^3/UL
MO%-5.4 L NORMAL RANGE- 5.5-11.7%
BA%- 0.0 L NORMAL RANGE- 0.2-1.0%
NE#- 7.7 H NORMAL RANGE- 2.2-408 10^3
LY# - 3.9 H NORMAL RANGE- 1.3-2.9 10^3
RBC- 4.43 L NORMAL RANGE-4.70-6.10^3
MCH-3104 H NORMAL RANGE-27-31 P

ok I am not sure and don't understang these results ..and I really don't understang the LYMPHOMA.
PLEASE ANYONE IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION I WOULD APPRECITATE IT SO MUCH...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2006, 09:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User
Re: needing some infor on stomach lymphoma

I'm so sorry to hear the ordeal you're going thru just to get a diagnosis.
there are over 30 different sub types of lymphoma's and they're not always easy to detect.
One of the lymphoma's of the stomach I've heard of is called "Malt" lymphoma which is an abbreviation of the name.
Mucosa something. It effects the muscosa lining.
were you ever diagnosed with a H.Pylori? this bacteria is a bug that sits deep withing the mucosa lining of the pylori and the body tries to kill it or attack it by producing acid and the acid therefore destroys the healthy tissue without being able to reach the deep buried bacteria.
some say having H.pylori and not treating it can lead to Malt lymphoma.

then again, you can a non hodgkins lymphoma in there too.

try googling the name Malt lypmphoma or non hodgkins lymphoma to find out the different types there are. It's amazing.
I wish you the best and like I said, I understand how it feels to be juggles about from dr to dr because sometimes the diagnosis doesn't jump out at the doctors so they wind up referring you.
it's horrible and it's frustrating. especially when you know you're own body and no one seems to listen. I say go by your instinct. you know your body best, and your blood levels are NOT normal wich should've been investigated first.
I wish you good health and that it doesn't wind up being a lymhphoma.

sincerely,
Linda

Old 08-07-2006, 11:11 AM   #3
(female)

wcrescue29 HB User
Re: needing some infor on stomach lymphoma

Just wanted to let you know yes I have had h-pylori about 3 years ago and was on meds for 2 months.

I know in the past few months I have been getting worse, staying really tired and want to sleep most of the time and feeling week. My indigestion is getting worse my chest feels like something is crushing it. I am use to walking 3-5 miles a day and now I can't do that because of the pain and swelling, my whole body swells up and I can't breath. My joints hurt and I have lost my appetite and and feel nausous most of the time. I have had these symptoms for a long time and they are progressing I look as if I were ready to give birth. I have had a colonscopy about 2 months ago because I was having trouble with my bowels not moving and when I did there was always blood that I could see. The colonscopy came back normal but he didn't do the edoscopy which I requested to have done while I was under but he said no. I really do think I need to have one done. I am hopeing that the doctor I am seeing Wed. will do all the proper test I need and get answers. Not that I want cancer or anything, I think I need some relieve that I know that I am sick and something needed to be done along time ago.

I am sorry for going on and on. I just don't have anyone to talk to about all of this and I know there is someone out there is going through what I am and its a relieve to have someone to know what I feel.

Ok enough so sorry....GOD BLESS EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD!

Closed Thread