It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

wonderingtoo HB User
Shooting pains in underarms, face pain, abdominal pain...looking for answers.

I was wondering if anyone could help and let me know if I should go to the doctors, yet again. Sorry this is long, but please read. I'm worried.

Over a year ago I started developing right sided abdominal/flank and lower back pain and pressure. Went to the doctor and was promptly told to take Paxil because I have anxiety and she assumed this was the problem. I didn't take the paxil, and went back a couple of weeks later to another doc. Was told it was probably kidney stones and I should see my primary again. I went to her and she ordered an abdominal u/s which was normal. I later went to my OB-GYN because the pain continued for months. I had a pelvic u/s which was normal.
In June of last year I started having right sided facial pain. My Doc and dentist didn't think it was TMJ. I went to an ENT who said it wasn't TMJ or salivary gland problem, and it was common in people with anxiety problems. Went back to dentist who said it may be TMJ and had a splint made. The face pain was on and off, and the right sided abdominal pain and pressure continued on and off.
I went back to the GYN who said it could be endometriosis, and put me on the pill. I took the pill for a couple of weeks, but had horrible side effects and quit. I began having diarrhea this past December and it lasted 1 1/2 months, but I "cured" it by taking probiotics. While I was still having it I went to the doctor about it. New primary doc. He said I probably have IBS which is probably causing the right sided pain also.
In December I also started having underarm pain on and off. It's shooting pain, and sometimes just a feeling of soreness. When I went to the doctor last month about my diarrhea, I mentioned the underarm pain and he said, "Let's just concentrate on the stomach issues now."
A couple of weeks ago I started having face pain again, only now it's on the left. I also have a swollen lymph node under my jaw on that side. I have "pea-sized" hard nodes about half-way down my neck on both sides, don't know if this is just something that's normally there because it feels about the same on both sides.
My underarm pain is continuing, but I don't know if I have swollen nodes because I wouldn't know what it feels like normally. I do have sore ribs under my arms though when I push on them (the top ribs). I am also having some pain in my abdomen, it's localized and when I press on the areas it feels tender and lumpy. Again, don't know if it's lymph nodes because I wouldn't know what they normally feel like.
I also have a lump on my right jaw, which my dentist and the ENT felt and said it felt okay, although they didn't know what it was.

In the past year I've had an abdominal u/s, pelvic u/s and abdominal CT scan which were all normal. Also had a chest X-ray last October which was normal, and I had full bloodwork done in January which was normal. My temp, if ever I take it, is generally around 97 degrees. I don't have itching or anything, but I'm still worried about lymphoma because of the pain in my underarms and abdomen and face.

The following user gives a hug of support to wonderingtoo:
yz450f (12-27-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
Re: Shooting pains in underarms, face pain, abdominal pain...looking for answers.

Hi oh I don't believe your post, I have had many of the same things going on.

I also have the underarm pain, I have it right now!!

Read some of my posts you will see I have asked about a lot of the things you have...I am now worrying about lymphoma!!

take care...Mandy

Old 02-23-2007, 03:32 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

wonderingtoo HB User
Re: Shooting pains in underarms, face pain, abdominal pain...looking for answers.

Mad Maz, I read you have inflammation of the duodenum and underactive thyroid. I have not been diagnosed with anything except probable IBS, which I think is my doctors way of brushing me off. I finally demanded to see a GI doctor after having this pain on and off for over a year, and the referral is in the works. He said it could take a couple of months though.

So do you have jaw pain? Could I ask you if you have a lump under your chin, like right in the front. I noticed today I have a lump, directly under my chin, just to the left of center. I freaked out because I have a lump on my gum inside behind my lower teeth, and I thought maybe it was connected. Then again, I've been noticing a lot of lumps lately and probably a lot of them have always been there. Nothing like ongoing, undiagnosed health problems to bring out the hypochondriac in me. Anyway, I called my cousin, my hypochondriac partner, and asked her if she has a lump there. She felt and said she did, although hers is to the right of center. It's just that my jaw hurts so bad, and it feels like it's in my bone, that I figure it must be more than TMJ.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:16 AM   #4
(female)

dynawg HB User

Hi- just wondering with all these unexplained pains if Lyme disease was ever considered by any of the physicians.

Closed Thread