It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2007, 07:42 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

pinkmada HB User
Smile Scan results

I just got back from hospital, I was admitted last saturday night with a temp of 40.4oC and shivering and feeling cold. Thankfully it was just a cold but they kept me in for so long because my wbc was very low and my temp kept going up and down. I also developed a severe headache which i firmly believe was from the fluids i was getting. Anyway I feel fine now and i got my own room that had a tv, dvd player and a mini fridge so it wasn't all bad.

Saw my consultant yesterday and she told me scan results were excellent, the lumps have reduced in size by 75% already and that is better than what she thought would be. YAY!
xxx

Old 05-03-2007, 09:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User
Re: Scan results

That is wonderful news!! How many more treatments now? Do you remember at the beginning, how you wondered how you would get through this? I know it has not been easy but you are nearly there!! Well done!
Love,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2007, 01:19 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

fairy-lights HB User
Smile Re: Scan results

That's fantastic news Mada!!!

I bet that you are over the moon?. I am sorry that you have been unwell and had to go into hospital, I am glad that you are feeling much better.

You know you mentioned my spleen?, I think I remember you saying yours had been effected, if I am right. If so did you get a lot of pain, and did it make you feel uncomfortable?, this may sound horrible, but It seems to be affecting my bowel and I feel in pain from that as well, i don't know if it is pressing, or just nerve pain?

You have been a great help to me thanks xx

Hi Alison

Let me know how you are, I have been thinking of you. x

Bye ladies xx

Old 05-04-2007, 03:11 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

pinkmada HB User

Thanks Alison, I have another three cycles to go, I should have had a treatment on monday but i was too ill to have it so I'm getting it next tuesday instead. It seems like yesterday that I was dx and so terrified about everything, now I just think that the only difference to my life is having to go in for treatment once a fortnight and I'm extremely lucky i am still managing to go to work and uni.

Thanks Fairy, I am so happy about my results, everybody is. Thanks.
My spleen is where the lymphoma originated, and it had/has a mass of lumps on it. I was getting excruitiating lower back pain that would shift from side to side and whenever it was on my left side it was always a lot worse than on my right side. But the pain was never that far up that I ever thought it would be my spleen.
Hope that is some help.

Mada
xxx

Old 05-04-2007, 11:55 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

fairy-lights HB User

Thanks Mada

I have lower back pain, sometimes it is low on the left side of the back, and sometimes it is in the middle, it is a real dull ache, it also seems to go into my left hip, and groin area?.

I really think it has something to do with the spleen my illness?

I appreciate your help, thank you.

Love Susie xx

Last edited by fairy-lights; 05-04-2007 at 11:56 AM.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:37 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

pinkmada HB User

Hey fairy, thats ok, the pain i had never went into my groin or hips, it was mainly my lower back and lower chest.

I ended up in hospital last week with the flu and a high fever, they kept me in for 5 days but thankfully I'm ok now.

How is everyone doing?
x

Old 05-16-2007, 05:05 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

fairy-lights HB User

Hi Mada

I am sorry to hear that you have been so unwell, I hope you are feeling much better?

I have come out in blisters again!!, and I feel really unwell, the pain in my groin is caused by a lymph node, so my doctor thinks, I am not sure.

I haven't got much to say as i feel really weak, but I am here for you, and everyone else.

Love Susie xx

Old 05-16-2007, 10:58 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

pinkmada HB User

I'm sorry you are feeling so weak, I'm doing ok now except that for the last couple of days my right arm has been really sore, like someones punched me, it feels like i should have a huge black bruise but i dont. I can't straighten it because it is too sore. Not sure what i've done or if it's chemo related. I tend to blame everything on the chemo now. Where about are your blisters?
xxx

Old 05-19-2007, 08:20 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

fairy-lights HB User

Mostly on my back, some on my neck and a few on my head.

The lymph node in my collar bone is really protruding at the moment, I just feel so tired and weak, over the last few days and nights I have been having bad sweats again, and the itching has been worse on my legs and feet mostly, i have it all over but it's worse on my legs and feet.

Is this pain your experiencing similar to the last pain you had in your arm?
They said that was due to the lymphoma didn't they? Maybe it's the same thing, always best to get it checked out though.

You sound so positive, are you feeling a lot better since you've been home, as you had really bad flu?

I'm rooting for you, take care love Susie xx

Old 05-19-2007, 12:11 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

DebM412 HB User

Fairy,

I really think that the doctors should biopsy the lymph node by your collar bone. You have so many lymphoma symptoms. Have you looked into seeing another doctor?

I'm a bit concerned......

Deb

Old 05-20-2007, 02:34 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

fairy-lights HB User

Hi your an angel, always caring after everyone else and not telling us how you are feeling xx

How is your health at the moment, are you feeling better than you did?

My consultant has sent me some blood forms to test for abnormal readings for some rare immune disorders, something to do with the haem? liver functions, blood cells that carry the oxygenated blood?, plus others and I have to collect my urine for a while.

I have been really ill for the past two weeks, more blisters, night sweats ect, when I feel a lot better in my self I will go and have the test done. I read that your CRP levels are to do with the liver and they show inflammation, mine have been up for a couple of years, they don't know if this has any thing to do with my spleen.

If I have no success with the results my consultant is sending me to London to see a professor hopefully he may be able to shed more light.

Don't worry about me I am strong willed, just weak bodied (lol)

Your in my thoughts goodbye my friend take care Susie xx

Old 05-23-2007, 10:50 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

fairy-lights HB User

Hi Mada

What's happened to you my friend? Are you alright? I am just worried that you have been ill again and gone back into hospital?

Can you just post to let me know that you are alright.

Thanks hon, love Susie xx

Old 05-26-2007, 12:42 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

pinkmada HB User

Hi, sorry I've not posted for a wee while. Had a crappy couple of weeks and I am trying very hard to resist the urge to drink a bottle of wine and drown my sorrows. bleh!
How are you doing susie? I can't believe they are considering sending you to london! That is ridiculous! Why aren't they doing another biopsy?
hope everyones well.
xxx

Old 05-26-2007, 12:53 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Ails HB User

Hi Mada

Have a couple of glasses of wine - it won't do any harm!! A bit of what you fancy!!

Susie - why on earth are they sending you to London? Your local haematologist consultant should be able to order a biopsy. You really need to be firm with them. If I hadn't been....................well, I shudder to imagine

Ails xx

Old 05-27-2007, 08:03 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

fairy-lights HB User

Hi Mada

What a shame you feel like that, is it just everything getting on top of you hon? If I can help you by listening (reading) I'll try.

I don't know what's going on any more, the only reason my consultant mentioned London was because the professor in the same line as he's in is based there?

I don't know if I want another biopsy, as I still don't understand the results of the last one.

I feel in pain, and I feel angry and let down by the health profession as i don't know where exactly I stand right now

Mada, why don't you go and have another hot chocolate and chocolate cake, if that will make you feel better, I can't tolerate alcohol right now, so I have stopped drinking any.

Ails is right, a little bit of what you want every now and again is good for you.

Love and best wishes Susie xx

Closed Thread