It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
(male)

CrescentMo0n HB User
Does the bone marrow biopsy from the hip hurt?!

I got a needle in my chest to the lungs and a whole lymph node removed above the collar bone, I thought the biopsies were over ! !

Old 05-31-2007, 08:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer78 HB User
Re: Does the bone marrow biopsy from the hip hurt?!

Hi.
I just had one done last week, and had what they call "twilight" anesthesia...
I was somewhat awake throughout it. My doctor took biopsies from both sides of my hips. The only discomfort was some slight "digging/pushing" to get what he needed...and some minorly small discomfort for about a day---nothing Tylenol didn't help. It was not nearly as bad as I was expecting. That's one thing about this forum....people have "been there/done that" & are very informative.
I've been through test after test, too....Think of it as a "good thing." You want a thorough doctor---one who catches everything...(borderline problems down-the-road.) You must be in good hands.
Good luck.
S.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2007, 09:41 PM   #3
(male)

CrescentMo0n HB User

Cool thx They didn't say anything about anesthesia though, they said they're just gonna numb it

I hope it's just some "slight" pressure, and "discomfort."

Old 05-31-2007, 10:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer78 HB User

Hi.
Yes, it's just "slight." Like I said--not nearly as bad as we can make these things out to be.
I read another one of your posts and saw you've been diagnosed with Hodgkin's--me, too...
When was your diagnosis?
S.

Last edited by singer78; 05-31-2007 at 10:17 PM.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:41 PM   #5
(male)

CrescentMo0n HB User

It was like 6 days ago.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:45 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer78 HB User

Hi.
I'm sorry to hear that. My diagnosis was May 11th.
It's a shocker, but from what they all say on here (these wonderful, supportive people PLUS my 'team') it's curable! Stay positive (another great tip) and strong. I'm learning as I go, too---I start chemo today.
Ask questions here, if you need to (of course along with following doctor's orders)....there's always someone with an informative answer. I love these people...they're like my 2nd family & I've only really known them since May.
S.

Last edited by singer78; 06-01-2007 at 01:53 AM.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

pinkmada HB User

hey, sorry to hear about your diagnosis. my bone marrow biopsy didnt hurt, it felt like weird pressure in the bottom of my back. and the feeling of your *** cheek waking up when the anaesthetic wears off is amusing.

i know everything is really scary just now because it's all new but it does get better.
x

Old 06-07-2007, 08:13 PM   #8
(male)

CrescentMo0n HB User

The bone marrow biopsy actually wasn't that bad, until they sucked out the bone marrow I had local anesthesia... and about 1 hr. after the first chemo I felt extreme stomache pain, I to throw up, chemo nausea is much worse than I thought, I was freaking out when it first hit me I hope it doesn't come back!

Last edited by CrescentMo0n; 06-07-2007 at 08:17 PM.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:15 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer78 HB User

Have you asked your doctor/nurses about adding any "anti nausea" drugs to your chemo? I have a very easily upset digestive system, too, so they added a drip of something (in my case) called "Zofran" before they even give me my chemo. There's other kinds, also---
Run it by them. It can't hurt. There's also pills and suppositories they can give you to help.
S.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:17 AM   #10
(female)

BeachJen HB User

My heart goes out to all of you just starting this journey. After 2 years of chemo and radiation and ultimately a tandem transplant, I'm in remission.

Stay strong and stay positive. The chemo was horrendous but they can give you anti-nausea drugs before and after.

Old 06-09-2007, 07:42 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer78 HB User

So happy you're in remission.
It's posts like this, that give me lots of hope.
It 'is' rough---I've just started treatment, and can't seem to settle in yet.
Thanks for some positivity!
S.

Old 06-09-2007, 07:53 AM   #12
(female)

BeachJen HB User

There's hope Singer, I assure you. It's a rough road and some days I felt like saying no more. But I knew I had to keep going on because it was Stage 3 and spreading.

I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you start your journey. Some people breeze through chemo and I'm hoping you're one of them.

Jen

Old 06-09-2007, 08:09 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer78 HB User

Jen,
Thanks so much. The support from all of you people here, is amazing. And, it's especially comforting when someone has gone through cancer & is cured, or in remission!
I already don't think I'm going to "breeze" through this, although it certainly would be a welcome thing! Did you notice after a few treatments, that it became any "easier?" I'm so hoping....my uncomfortable symptoms just keep coming & coming... But, it's only been 1 week & 1 day since my first treatment. At the present, it's stomach discomfort that I'm dealing with.
Anyway, I appreciate your kind words. They do comfort, believe me.

Old 06-09-2007, 08:14 AM   #14
(female)

BeachJen HB User

Unfortunately Singer no the stomach problems continued. That was the worse part. I wish I could say it got easier but unfortunately it didn't. Just when I started to feel "okay" it was time for another treatment.

Hey, when you hear those words..."YOU'RE IN REMISSION" it will all be worth it.

Jen

Old 06-09-2007, 08:32 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer78 HB User

Thanks ..
May I ask you what you did for stomach upset?
I currently am taking Prevacid (indigestion) and Senecot S. (laxative) but, neither one seems to fully take effect. I'm going to do some research, as to what foods I can and can't eat. Right now, I'm afraid to eat anything. I made a mistake a few days ago, that seemed to start off my stomach problems--McDonald's !!! I certainly won't do that anymore, except for maybe an occasional milkshake.
Any hints?

Closed Thread