It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2007, 07:25 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

fairy-lights HB User
Talking With all the medications I'm on surely I'd could sleep at night!!

Hi Everyone

Yes it's me again I can not sleep I am on tablets for the pain, tablets to stop itching, tablets to stop me being constipated (too much info!) happy pills etc.

No wounder I can't sleep the pills are rolling around my head, I feel like a pharmacy!! (lol)

So peeps whilst I am sat here trying to amuse you all of my struggles for normality, what have you all been up to??

Please do not reply sleeping

I have been constructive today, and downloaded information about a gym I like the look of. It tired me out just reading it.

I hit the big 30 this year, and i want to be able to buy a sexy number (hey hey watch out lads!!)

Come on guys, how sad am I when I have nothing better to do then sit at the computer and write to you lot (I don't mean it)

Singer, I hope your feeling better hon,I wish you happiness and love, Ails your great and I love you tox Pinkmada I love you, and you Debs your the best and u know you have a special place in my heart, dma where have you got to you've been a good friend also, and Nicola you have been a great help to me, and I love you for it!!

If I have left any one out oh yeah Alison and Becky where are you we miss you? xx

Can you feel the love tonight (Is that an Elton John Song)

Don't blame me guys for all this dribble I am spouting, REMEMBERI'm on drugs!! (medical ones of course)

If you want to reply of course feel free, if not I don't blame you.

Good bye from me Silly Susie.

ps it is 3.25 in the morning so pls let me off

Last edited by fairy-lights; 06-09-2007 at 07:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2007, 08:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer78 HB User
Re: With all the medications I'm on surely I'd could sleep at night!!

Silly Susie,
You're not "silly" at all...
I've had many of those nights, where I'd come in here and post, and it does help. Sometimes, just typing out your feelings, is a big relief!
So, did you get the OK to start working out???
That's great. Even little baby steps will help. I haven't done ANYTHING physically, except wash the dishes, since my chemo last week. I'm trying hard to establish some normalcy, too---when you have physical problems, like so many people on this forum, I guess you just do what you can do. It's alway good to push yourself some. If I have a good day today (so far, so good) I think I'm going to go for a walk. It's been beautiful here (70 degrees or so) and sunny---and I could use some sunshine.
You're turning 30??? That's still a "baby." You're not much older than Paris Hilton!! I thought she was older, until I saw a documentary on her last night (yes...everyone's obsessed with her..duh) and I think she's 26. They said by "Hollywoods standards" that's OLD! Goodness gracious...
I, too, have lots of love for these lovely people on here. I even speak of you people, to my family---I think they're starting to know some of your names.
How old are your children? Does your husband help out a lot with them?
Children can be very demanding---I can imagine how difficult your life is, going through these problems, plus being "Mom," or as you say "Mum."
It's only 11:30 a.m. here right now--so, I'm praying, once again I have a better day---and YOU TOO !!!
love you S.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:41 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

fairy-lights HB User
Smile Re: With all the medications I'm on surely I'd could sleep at night!!

Hi Singer

I hope you had a chance to go out and have a nice walk also get some sunshine

My children are age 10, 6 and 4 they are lovely (most of the time)

I haven't asked permission to go to a gym, I am just going to do it, if it helps great!!

I hope you have abetter day, you sound more positive.

lots of love Susiexx

Old 06-10-2007, 04:09 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

pinkmada HB User

hey, i tried going to the gym and swimming a couple of times but i always got really out of breath really quickly. I still do yoga so that makes me feel better. When i finish treatment, I'm going to give myself a month to recover then detox and join a tap dance class! My flatmate gave me her tap shoes and i keep doing stupid steps in the flat (my downstairs neighbours must love me!). I should be in bed now too but i have a huge report to do (on the maggies centres no less) for tomorrow and I'm not even nearly finished! I am procrastinating.

Hope everyones okay!

xxx

Old 06-10-2007, 06:58 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

fairy-lights HB User

Hi there,

Mada I have replied to your new thread, you'll find it a great read as usual I wouldn't be seen dead in a swimming costume in public, I would upset too many people!!

It is nearly three in the morning, and yet again I am wide a wake what is wrong with me

I haven't been sleeping in the day, I have only taken my hrt and morphine this evening, I am really tired, in pain and would appreciate seeing the inside of my eyelids once in a while

I have tried drinking a milky drink before bed time, I just lie there looking up at the ceiling and counting sheep, cows milk bottles anything really

Singer have you had a better day, how are you feeling now? I do worry about you both, and everyone else.

I hope Ails is ok, she's must be busy, I feel like the only one who needs to get a life, and a new figure (lol).

Good bye for now lots of love Susie xx

Old 06-11-2007, 08:25 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer78 HB User

Ha...I got a laugh out of the "tap" shoes from "Mada."
My sister used to take tap, and I knew she loved it, but something made me giggly watching her. I think it was her determination to learn later in life. Maybe my sister always secretly wanted to be "Shirley Temple" when she was young !?
I also had to laugh at the "swimsuit" statement, Susie.
Even though I "was" pretty toned, physically---I shuddered at wearing a swimsuit the past few years. I seemed too white---so I'd try those tanners---Yuck. Nothing ever worked for me. Then, my legs seemed a little more "veiny" than they used to be---So, I just lounged around in cut-off shorts and a top. I think I read where, during chemo, you should watch the sun a bit, too---Or am I dreaming that one??? ...(chemo brain again?)
Susie, I'm taking Ambien CR every other night or so---It's absolutely fantastic for a good night's rest. Have you asked your doctor about that? Maybe it doesn't mix with your med's---but, it's worth a try.
Also, any kind of anxiety medication, like xanax---at bedtime, might help you relax. I come from an anxious-ridden family---fought taking med's for years---but, during this rough time of my life, I'll take whatever helps me through this & then deal with it when I'm well. Is that the right approach? You gotta sleep. Sleep is ESSENTIAL to well-being. Keep after that doctor of yours!!!
Love you.

Last edited by singer78; 06-11-2007 at 08:27 AM.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:53 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

fairy-lights HB User

Love you too,

I have had tablets to help me sleep they sometimes work, depends on how much pain I am in.

I feel achy today, I hope I feel better later.

Closed Thread